What's everyones take on the Glock 32?? - Page 2

What's everyones take on the Glock 32??

This is a discussion on What's everyones take on the Glock 32?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; .357SIG would be my preferred round. I carry a 23 instead of a 32 for two specific reasons. If all else were equal, I'd carry ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's everyones take on the Glock 32??

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    .357SIG would be my preferred round. I carry a 23 instead of a 32 for two specific reasons. If all else were equal, I'd carry it.... and I've never fired a .357 round that had more snap that the 155gr .40 rounds that I carry.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Thumbs up from me on Glock, but the thing is....do you really need a 357sig for carry? I mean....how many targets would you plan on taking down? Think about it. If you're target is the BG....better make sure what or whom is behind him, because with the 357sig compared to other calibers, you may end up getting the BG and what's behind him. I'm just sayin'. What's an extra 2-300fps in a 9mm anyway?

the 357 sig is a great round for law enforcement due to it's extra penetration. for that same reason i don't own one. i like to keep the possibility of hitting an innocent in the background to a minimum as much as possible. i just don't foresee a scenario for myself where i would need a 357sig to penetrate a barrier (being a civilian).

357 sig ammo is also generally more than 45acp in cost, and not quite as easy to find (though certainly not difficult). it is also VERY loud, with a lot of blast.

this is all just my personal take on this. the 357sig has a VERY impressive stopping track record. several of my friends carry g32's and love them.

all i can say is fire one, and see if you like it.

I've never talked to anyone who carried a G32 then went back to something else.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

i have a G23 that i bought a storm lake 357sig barrel for.

i shoot 357sig thru it much more than 40sw.

if you can deal with ammo price/availability then IMHO its the greatest of the 19/23/32 platform.

30 cents/round and an ammo can or two!

Georgia Arms - .357 SIG
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Thanks everyone for the input, and I'd love to hear more!!

Right now it's a toss up. I can get a brand new Sig P239 in .40 for 725. Which is pricey BUT it is a sig and their quality is superb. I can buy te Glock 32 in .357 or any other "compact" Glock for 500, or the gun I always wanted...the HK USPc .40 for like 740. I feel like all those priceys are a little too high...but Those are my three.

I'm familiar with 9mm, .40, .380, .45 and a few others rounds that I have shot alot. BUT, I have never shot a .357 Sig. I just heard storys and I wanted a good powerful round, plus I have heard GREAT thigns about them. You can probably tell in my user name though, my favorite caliber is .40 S&W.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    30 cents/round and an ammo can or two!

Georgia Arms - .357 SIG
    Nice man!! Thanks alot! I really do think I want a handgun that takes .357 Sig, I can't stop thinking about it..and dreaming about it!

IMO the Sig and HK are not $250.00 worth more reliable than a Glock. I prefer the crisp snap of the .40 over the .357. The .357sig kinda reminds me of my .357mag revolver. The loud explosion feeling though not as bad. The .40 should take care of anything I run across.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

i am not a 357 sig fan, but i am a glock fan. you can not go wrong with a glock, no matter what cal it is.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Ahhhh...calibers...calibers...

I don't think a .357 Sig will do anything your .40 cannot already do. If you really want one, just to have one, go for it.

As you know, you can get a .40 Glock and convert it to .357 Sig or 9mm with some minor mods. The Glock costs less than your other options, and is reliable. Maybe that is your best bet?

Of course, I don't really see the need for more than a 9mm, but that is another discussion.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Our local SD, FAM and Secret Service all issue .357 Sig. Balistically, it is an awesome round. A little expensive. The Glocks are utterly reliable, like a Toyta Truck, a Honda Car, or a Craftsman Screwdriver. Like them or not they have earned their rep. Get it if you want it. and buy a .40 barrel. So much fun in a lightweight concealable package.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Go with the SIG; if nothing else better resale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links