Owners of Sig 229SAS Talk to me(updated 5-23)

This is a discussion on Owners of Sig 229SAS Talk to me(updated 5-23) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone with a SAS had problems with their grips? I was at one of the gunshops i visit today and they had a 229sas ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Owners of Sig 229SAS Talk to me(updated 5-23)

Has anyone with a SAS had problems with their grips?

I was at one of the gunshops i visit today and they had a 229sas and 239sas both with plain plastic grips i fondeled the 229sas and before i could as The owner told me the grips for both were on order from sig

Sig had called about the guns wantiung the wood grips back and said they would send wood grips out as soon as new batch came in and sent the plastic grips to but on the gun in mean time

Anyone else heard of this i trust this dealer and the owner as its one of the 2 places i spend a lot fo $$$$ so they know me

I must say that DAK trigger is sweet so is the feel of the SAS out side nice and smooth

2. Remove Ads

Thanks George Im gonna head over to read it now

Like George said in his article, the 229 SAS is soft shooting for a .40. It is much nicer to fire than my glock 23.

The trigger is very nice. Smooth and not too heavy. Longer and heavier feeling than my glock, but when I took mine to the class the other weekend I didn't have any issues with the trigger.

I did, however, discover that I don't like the rear site on the SAS. I am used to the three dot site system and find I prefer that. The SAS has a single white bar under the notch on the rear site. I plan on swapping the rear site out and putting on a rear night site to go with the front night site.

The grip is slightly longer than my glock 23, though it looks much longer when side by side. The round capacity is 12+1 where the Glock 23 is 13+1. I guess a function of magazine design, no big deal for me. The wood grips actually come down a bit past the end of the frame to form a small mag well. I didn't find the grips to be too fat for my hands. I am tall and thin with hands to match, so YMMV. I did like the swell up near the slide stop, as it helped prevent me from riding the slide stop and having the slide fail to lock back on an empty magazine.

The other thing I discovered that I wasn't completely happy with was the slide serrations don't go all the way to the top of the slide. I guess this is particular to the 229, as the other models have the serrations going all the way. I could get a grip with little issue on the 229, but have a much more positive grip on the ones with full serration. I might look at the 226 SAS and compare the difference in size.

Here is a picture of the 229 next to my glock 23.

The slide serations only going half way up. Yeah, I'm not really a fan of that either. I've more of a P220 fan so I'm more partial to the P228, P226, P225. I'm not really sure why SIG wanted to do this differently than the other SIGs.... But it should be noted that the 229 was designed and built from the ground up as a .40 caliber handgun. Unlike other .40's which are 9MM's with a conversion. Most .40's are like that. The USP is another handgun designed as a .40 first. This is why these guns feel better during firing.

One of these days I'm going to buy me a 225 - one of the best CCW options ever.

Bud, I am buying one of these SAS P229's in 40 THIS SUMMER. I have dry fired one in a static situation and LOVED the DAK pull. Long but LIGHT. If you'll look at the comparison pix, one thing that has got to JUMP right out at you is the melt job on the SAS v. the very sharp angles on the Glock. I have a M27 and I love it, but it sometimes digs into me even if I'm wearing a body shield on my holster. That Sig is soooooo smooth, it's going to be a way more comfortable carry for certain. I also like the Wood grips, but CT has just come out with similar grips and a Laser. Might try me a set of those. I have also heard that Sig INCLUDES a .357 Sig factory barrel with the installed 40. Anybody know if this is true? If so that just sweetens the deal. I can't wait to get mine. I could forsee it becoming my #1 carry gun. I'll get the Galco "Concealable" model holster.

My wife has gotten me (for my birthday last week) a SureFire X200 and adaptor for my H&K USP 45 so that has become my dedicated house gun. The H&K USP trigger pull is way heavier than the DAK, it seems to me.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Well expect a review from me later in the summer on one i found it and have it in layaway course first think to be changed will be barrel for 357 sig

And be very surprised this is looking to be a 2 new sig summer

I just bought a .357 Sig barrel for my Sig, and after a little gentle file work I got it to fit the SAS. Looking forward to giving the new barrel a work out this weekend.

I haven't heard of the SAS coming with a .357 Sig barrel, and mine did not. If you get one with the extra barrel for free that would be a good deal.

Nope no spare barrel that i was told mine sitting on hold so bummer

Picked mine up today still waiting on wood grips..

Gonna try to break in this weekend Also gonna start looking for a 357 sig barrel can't imagine i will keep the 40 barrel in it too long for carry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links