Have you seen this flaw on your new LCP? - Page 2

Have you seen this flaw on your new LCP?

This is a discussion on Have you seen this flaw on your new LCP? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes that's what I like about the LCP over my 642 & Mustang's, LCP has become my EDC choice in a front pocket H- Rig ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes that's what I like about the LCP over my 642 & Mustang's, LCP has become my EDC choice in a front pocket H- Rig + two mags in in the other pocket...

My P-14 is in my handy Maxpedition Fat Boy + his VK-IWB-H and Mag-C so I can have it on my belt wen I feel the need, like (going out at night) but pocket carry on summer time has become my way around 80% of the time anyway!!
    Last edited by Nossar; January 21st, 2010 at 05:59 PM.

Nossar,

I see what cha mean. I would definitely send it to Ruger and let them make it right for ya. I have one and had it for about a year now and it's been nothing but perfect. Really sorry to see ya got a bad one. I think they'll make it right for ya though. Please keep us posted.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

While it may be too late for Nossar, I'd like to make the following suggestion for anyone who thinks they have a problem with a Ruger firearm. CALL RUGER! I have dealt with few companies who have better customer service than Ruger. The only caveat I would offer is DO NOT return a gun to Ruger that has had aftermarket parts or modifications made. The last I knew, Ruger would remove all of your custom parts and replace them with new factory parts. I've know this to happen to more than one CAS shooter who returned a Ruger handgun with Power Custom parts.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I think just like "gottabkiddin" I'm sure Ruger would take care of the problem!

Now, send it if back is not that ease for me since I have to go through the local store which is the only authorized dealer were I'm living, besides they completely sucks!! also not sure about the warranty issues as "cvhoss" mentioned it maybe late for me...

I'll give it a shot and call Ruger anyway.

Will really appreciate if someone could take a pic of the area affected on my gun (like the 2nd pic I posted) so I can get a closer look to other's LCP since I cant find any on the web...

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Nossar View Post
    I think just like "gottabkiddin" I'm sure Ruger would take care of the problem!

Now, send it if back is not that ease for me since I have to go through the local store which is the only authorized dealer were I'm living, besides they completely sucks!! also not sure about the warranty issues as "cvhoss" mentioned it maybe late for me...

I'll give it a shot and call Ruger anyway.

Will really appreciate if someone could take a pic of the area affected on my gun (like the 2nd pic I posted) so I can get a closer look to other's LCP since I cant find any on the web...

Thanks guys!
    I'll take some tomorrow am for ya. I'll include ones showing all the areas you have shown on yours. The batteries in my digital camera need to be charged.

GBK

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I bought my P3AT before the ruget came out. I did not and still do not regret the purchase. I love my little keltec. It does everything I want it to. If I had to buy something besides the keltec I would probably go with either the diamond back 380 or the NAA 380. The ruger LCP action is absolutly the same as the first gen P3AT. The only difference between my keltec and my dad's LCP is the look of the outside .

The fit and finish of the LCP is good. The OP's LCP should probably be sent back to ruger for repair. By grinding on the slide like that not only takes off the coating protecting the carbon steel below but it may mess with the lockup function of the pistol.

Here are a couple a pics of my LCP. Serial number is 371-XXXXX.

The OP should contact Ruger.

Great mwhuffman!!!

Would you please take another showing the slide cut with slide upside down...

I'll call to local store an check if they have any on display so I may me able to compare them.

Thanks!

Administrator
    Folks. Let's not ever jump to call another forum member a "Troll" just because the member may have a low post count and or his/her PICS are not displaying.

Now that I can see his PICS his firearm obviously does have a manufacturing defect.
    I can also tell you exactly how it happened.

His slide was not completely or properly jigged during that CNC machining step.

Since his slide is so thin in that area I would suggest that he call Ruger and E-mail them with (especially his 3rd Photo) and they will ship him a new slide.

I would just try getting a new complete slide from Ruger first before I went through the whole business of returning the complete firearm.

Here's some pics of mine too. Would've uploaded um sooner but the I couldn't get the site to come up on my mac.
    DSC00111.gif

DSC00107.gif

DSC00108.gif

DSC00109.gif

Nossar,
    This is the best pic I could get. It's hard to get the angle right to show the details.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Folks. Let's not ever jump to call another forum member a "Troll" just because the member may have a low post count and or his/her PICS are not displaying.
    Amen.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

My 372********** slide has a small semi circular recess right where everyone else is flat. Right where the front of the slide opening contacts the barrel locking lug. It's like they were going to cut out a chamber check window from the inside out, and stopped short. It's cut neatly and cleanly, like it's supposed to be there, but the area not remotely flat like others. That likely makes mine much "cooler" than you'ze guyz...

But yes, contact Ruger, and request a slide swap out. Hopefully then your barrel sits squarely after that too.
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Even if you played with it you can still tell it wasn't machined right from the get go,I'm surprised it passed QC
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You're right... Nossar, I apologize for the "Troll" reference. We need to give all forum members the benefit of the doubt, since our common interests are the same... Again, I apologize...

I hope you can get your problem fixed by Ruger. It's unbelievable something like that could make it through the QC process of a major manufacturer...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links