Have you seen this flaw on your new LCP?

This is a discussion on Have you seen this flaw on your new LCP? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Explanation... I got a brand new 371xxxxxxx, got very upset at first wen only found comments about the broken guns before the recall. My LCP ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen this flaw on your new LCP?

Have you seen this flaw on your new LCP?

Explanation...

I got a brand new 371xxxxxxx, got very upset at first wen only found comments about the broken guns before the recall.

My LCP came with little flaws too as most have reported, also need to clean the ramp to make it run smoother and retaining spring bulged the frame after first cleaning (no problem to fix them) but I had to finish the slide/barrel clearance cut on slide?

"It was uneven" and after the first box of Rem clean, it started to show premature marks on left front side of barrel block were it locks with the slide. After fixing this issue, I noted that the barrel also has a tendency to tilt a bit to the right as you can see in last pic. ???

No complaining, I love all my Ruger's, just a point about final fitting..."It's been flawless since then".

Btw: Do anyone registered further problems with the triggers on new mod 371xxx & 372xxx, or it was only an issue of the first run 370xxx???
    Will get another LCP for my wife after clarification of the problems !! :-\

Yes. Im pushing the slide back to show uneven wear.

This pic shows the completed (right half) cut to fix the problem..

Next shows the barrel tilted to right side, after exerting a bit of pressure..
    Last edited by Nossar; January 20th, 2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Pic didn't came through

2. Remove Ads

Your pics don't show up in the thread... You may want to fix that.

I do take exception to your premise that Ruger had broken triggers, or anything else before the recall. The recall was not initiated to fix anything that was broken or malfunctioning. It was done to add an improved hammer block for safety in the event of dropping the firearm. This one of the changes that Kel-Tec made in the transition from Gen1 to Gen2 P-3AT's, but nobody accused them of having a broken design. In fact, both companies decided that the change should be made for the customer's safety, but only one company issued an expensive recall. The other just left their affected pistols in the hands of their users. Hmmm... Which company was really looking out for their customers?

I hope you can post some working pics so that your issue can be seen.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

VIP Member
    I'm thinking "Troll"... Only 2 posts and they're virtually word for word... No pics to back up anything...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I'm thinking "Troll"... Only 2 posts and they're virtually word for word... No pics to back up anything...
    AGREE
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Uh-oh...like my Kel-Tec P-11, I have not shot my little LCP a lot because it hurts my trigger finger and hand and is not a fun gun to shoot. But I guess that I ought to shoot them more just to keep them and me in shape and see if they go bad before I really need them. They are what they are and I keep them here inside the house and inside my car. They are what they are.

Thanks "gglass",

I think I didnt explained my self correctly... (I had no trigger issues),

Im just concerned about it, my gun shoot and performs perfect!

My attention to the LCP problems were found after looking for some feed back while waiting for my new LCP but my awareness raised to red after I found the recall post. On the mean time I discovered some people were reporting broken triggers (which also were fixed at the factory) on their new guns so you can imaging my face at the time??

Not sure why pics didnt come through in bigger format. hope this are Ok and gives explanation of the actual deal
    Attached Images

Someone explain again why I should spend the extra cash on the LCP vs. the KT-P3AT?

Can you see the pics now?

We now can figure it out why so many innocents people still dumped in foreign jails...

Im just the happy owner of what I think is a great gun but also a concerned user, since I'm planing on getting a second one as anyone can read!!

So I'd really appreciate some good feed backs on the issue ?

Pics speak for them self...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Uh-oh...like my Kel-Tec P-11, I have not shot my little LCP a lot because it hurts my trigger finger and hand and is not a fun gun to shoot. But I guess that I ought to shoot them more just to keep them and me in shape and see if they go bad before I really need them. They are what they are and I keep them here inside the house and inside my car. They are what they are.

I say sell the LCP and buy a Sig P238. It will NOT hurt to shoot!!

Sled

There is definitely sumpin cattywampus on that gun,the slide looks like it got one groove cut a little higher than the other,I would call ruger and send it in for repair
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There is definitely sumpin cattywampus on that gun,the slide looks like it got one groove cut a little higher than the other,I would call ruger and send it in for repair
    +1..

My LCP looks even and definitely different than the pics. Something is not right.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Cleaned my wifes LCP yesterday and notice...well nothing. It wasn't canted like the one in your pick and everything seemed to be smooth and finished off well. The serial number began with a 372xx...

I did notice the guide rod seem chewed up pretty good and was very rough. It wasn't bent, just roughed up a bit. I was surprised since we only put a box of shells through it.

Yes "Captain Kahr", mine looks like that too after almost 200 Rds... Tell me, if you strip the gun and put you slide upside down, are you able to see an even angled cut at about 45 on your slide breech or it just have a square cut??

"dukalmighty" you're correct!

This gun only had the cut performed over the right half under the locking area as you can see from first pic...

It would be great if could send it back but as you know I fix it by finishing the angle cut on left side so as you may know, the guaranty is voided!!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I'm rather recoil sensitive, so it sounds like the LCP is out of the mix for me.

Quite happy with my MDE, just liked the lighter Ruger for a deeper concealment
    gun, but not now.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links