Leon Harrison
West Carrollton, Ohio
Wednesday, January 20, 2010

To: The Editor

Subject: Gun guys encourage each other to buy

“Gun guys encourage each other to buy!”

Surprise! My latest credit-card bill arrived, yesterday, reminding me of those two pistols that I bought last month, a [ugly black plastic] Kel-Tec P-11 and a [pretty shiny stainless-steel] Taurus PT-92, the former being a more sensible self-defense weapon than the latter, not that it matters. However, I do desperately need a brand-new-shiny-stainless-steel 1911 Colt .45 to keep myself and my neighborhood alive! No, we gun gals and guys do not desire or need all of the guns and gun stuff that we see inside the pretty pages of those gun magazines, because we are too wise to be influenced by advertising.
Yesterday, my bad-companion gun buddy bought a brand-new Smith & Wesson wood-gripped stainless-steel .357 caliber Model 60 with a four-inch barrel. The gun store/range may have another one left. Not that I would be buying a redundant gun, but my Model 60 snub-nosed revolver has ugly black rubber grips and a short barrel, and is not as pretty as his newest gun is. Anyway, my Taurus is a practical and pretty big pistol, perfectly sensible. Oh, after I drove him back home, he got out and seemed to sneak his new blue plastic S&W box into the trunk of his parked car, not wanting to show it off to his woman inside her house; it seemed to me like he was even trying to keep it a secret. Us gun guys always tell each other that we are just going to look and are not going to buy, time after time.

Leon Harrison
West Carrollton, Ohio