Who carries a K-Frame?

This is a discussion on Who carries a K-Frame? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Grandfather oak actually made me an IWB which works fairly well I just wish I had asked for two belt loops. Its kydex and works ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who carries a K-Frame?

Grandfather oak actually made me an IWB which works fairly well I just wish I had asked for two belt loops. Its kydex and works great it just wouldnt move as much if it had two loops to stabalize it.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    If you have patience, a Milt Sparks PMK is a truly wonderful sixgun holster. Slightly less concealable is the Milt Sparks 200AW, which has a leather flap that shrouds the hammer and rear sight area from contact with the cover garment. The Kramer Vertical Scabbard is another good one.

Rob Leahy, at Simplyrugged.com, knows how to make a good sixgun holster, and his delivery time is probably quicker than Milt Sparks by a large margin.

Bob Mernickles makes wonderful sixgun rigs, too, and not just for the single-actions.

Presently, my only K-frame is a Model 17, .22 LR. I hope to remedy that, as I am on the lookout for a good Model 19. (I have examined quite a few, but I am patient, and picky.) I mostly use Rugers these days, but miss my K-frames from the past. I am still kicking myself for selling a couple of them off to finance those horrible Kimbers.

I carry mine in a shoulder holster. Cold weather it's concealed under jacket. In warm weather I wear a denim vest. In really hot weather I throw a loose fitting light weight shirt over the one I already have on.

I carry my 66-1 2.5" all the time in one of my The Slide. I love the gun and feels right to carry it.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

It seems my options are either: low quality generic, OWB, or a long wait and an expensive holster. :\ Do not want...

Edit: I haven't had time to research all the suggestions above, so forgive me if my pessimism turns out to be unjustified.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balog View Post
    I've recently decided to switch my carry gun from a Springfield XD .45 to a K frame (or equivalent) revolver in .357. Any number of reasons for that, but I'm starting to get discouraged by the holster selection.

So, who here carries a K frame equivalent, and what do you pack it in?
    I sometimes carry a Model 10 snub. I found a new/old stock leather holster made by Bucheimer on eBay. Got it still new in package for a song.

Guess they have been out of business for awhile?

With all respect to our sponsors, give Clipdraw a try. For a large sixgun, they work wonderfully. I use on a Security Six, a CA bulldog, and even a S&W 638, and they are wonderful. The Barami Hip Grip was never comfortable, but the Clipdraws ride exactly where you put them and there is no printing. I am sure many will feel that an exposed trigger is unacceptable, but with a DA pull on a large revolver, that is just not an issue for me. I am sold on them.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balog View Post
    It seems my options are either: low quality generic, OWB, or a long wait and an expensive holster. :\ Do not want...

Edit: I haven't had time to research all the suggestions above, so forgive me if my pessimism turns out to be unjustified.
    Instant gratification is available from Galco and Don Hume. Check evilbay, too; I got my Sparks PMK and Kramer Vertical
    Scabbard that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I carry a K-Frame Smith & Wesson Model 10 4-inch most often. For cool weather carry I've toted it in this Bucheimer Federal Man holster since the 1970s. High-rise holsters of this type conceal well beneath a jacket or suit coat.
    Wow..It's been years since I've seen anyone using a Bucheimer holster. As I recall they were a good solid product.

Every once and awhile I carry a M13 3" 357 mag in a Allesi opentop scabbard. It is a dream.

Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Wow..It's been years since I've seen anyone using a Bucheimer holster. As I recall they were a good solid product.
    Hah, that's the problem with old geezers. Too may of those years.

Today I purchased a S&W Model 10 4" SS with old style wood grips.

It is very tight and has had a trigger job done on it.

Looking forward to range time with it.

Wanted it more as a car gun and night stand gun than personal carry.

After reading some of the post on this thread may look around for good rig to use for Model 10 as a CCW.

After handling it for a while I believe that if you cannot hit BG with 6 rounds of HP from it at least you could club him and not hurt the model 10.

One tough steel and wood firearm!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Actually had a squib load in my 4" Model 13 today. I almost cried. Its going to be ok

After looking for a reasonably priced 4" Python for some time, I lucked out at the gun show this weekend and found an individual selling his 4" for about $300-$400 under the general market for these. It is in really nice shape and I can't wait to start carrying it. Have a cheap Bianchi coming in about a week so I can carry while searching/waiting for the nice holster I will ultimately use. So after years of carrying Glocks and Kimbers, I'm going old school and looking forward to it. Hard to beat a nice 357 mag if and when SHTF.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

I occasionally carry my GP100 in the winter and use a Triple K holster available thru Ruger accessories. American made leather with a thumb break and the Ruger logo. $38.00. Hard to pass up. At the 4o'clock position it's great in a vehicle, Hardly know it's there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links