Do I really need another Glock?

This is a discussion on Do I really need another Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings all. I haven't posted in awhile, but I still read the forums every couple of days. This place is great! Anyway, a little background. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I really need another Glock?

Greetings all. I haven't posted in awhile, but I still read the forums every couple of days. This place is great!

Anyway, a little background. I currently have a Glock30sf and a Glock 26. They are both fantastic handguns for carry.

I am thinking about getting a third Glock for home protection purposes. Reason being is that if I am at the other end of the house, or in the basement and I need my gun. I need to go completely through the house in order to grab it.

My head imagines bad guy breaking in and is between me and my Glocks.
    So I am thinking about getting a 3rd (not for carry) and safely placing it strategically in a nearby spot.
    Is it necessary? Am I going a little overboard? I currently like my 2 Glocks where they are.

If the answer is that I should pick up a new one. Which should I get? I like the 9mm round, and since I have ammo for it already, it makes the most sense. Maybe Glock 17 or Glock 19? Or something altogether different..? This will not be for carry so size does not matter much. I would actually prefer a larger handgun.

Input is appreciated.

-Pep

I would probably go with a G17, for practical reasons. You are familiar with the platform, have the ammo and the longer barrel should help you shoot more accurately.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

If you don't care how big it is, or aren't planning on carrying it.....go for the gold and get a G-21, or G-20. I routinely carry my 21, but I have a big frame, and here in Kansas I get away with it as I have to wear a jacket/hoodie just about every day this time of year.

And no....you can never have enough glocks.

I would get the G19, best size,best all around gun.

I've thought about a 'special' Glock HD firearm. Although I have my Glock-36 on my person or close by when at home, I was thinking about a full size .45...the Glock-21 with a light and silencer...
    It seems to me that the silencer would be a wise thing to have for shots inside the home.
    What do you think?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My $0.02 worth says to get a G17 for your house gun. Full-size frame and 17+1 capacity... and a common caliber with at least one of your other Glocks.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    I don't know if you need another Glock, but you always need another gun...If you like the 9mm, go with the G17. You can even use the mags as spares when you carry the G26.. If you want to go bigger, I chose the XD45 over the G21, it seemed to fit my hand better...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Yes you need another Glock. Get the 17 first...then get the others you will ask about later.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    You can never have enough guns, as a previous posted noted. And you can't have enough Glocks. Either the G17, 19, or 21 would be excellent choices. Also, you can consider the new XDm 9, with it's 19+1 capacity. I was given one for Christmas (my wife has no problem with my love of guns, and she's bought me quite a few, an AK47, Saiga 12gauge, half of my AR15, half of my Beretta 92 FS, and my 10/22 come to mind). Also, as far as a place to put it so that you can reach it from where you'll be, check out Sportsman's Guide. They have a few items that would help,such as a wall clock that holds a gun inside, and a large picture frame that does the same. I use the clock, that I placed in the front hallway, with my G30 that I can quickly grab if I'm concerned about the knock on the door. I also have cutout concealment books, that hold a gun, as well. I haven't seen any of those available recently. What ever you decide, enjoy your new gun.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

The answer to your initial question: No.
    "I believe that's my stapler."

NRA Member for Life
    "I can not, for all the Stars in Heaven, find one instance or occasion or a living example of a woman who gave birth to anything but another human being, regardless of the period of time that baby was in the womb".

How about a Sig Sauer P220 or a Sig P250 Full Size? If you're not CC, then get the best in accuracy and dependability. That first shot has to count in an emergency, and a follow-up would be even better. Double-tap any .45 Sig Sauer, and you'll find your next home defense protector.
    "I believe that's my stapler."

NRA Member for Life
    "I can not, for all the Stars in Heaven, find one instance or occasion or a living example of a woman who gave birth to anything but another human being, regardless of the period of time that baby was in the womb".

If it is purely for home defense, and you don't already own one... what about a shotgun? Given a choice, I would rather be hunkered down with my m3 super 90 than any of my handguns.

You already have a G26 - its fairly small and light. How about getting a comfortable holster and wearing it in the house? Put a G17 or a G19 magazine in it - and there you go. No need to worry about getting it, if it's already on you.

I keep my LCP in my pocket while at home. There's just no reason not to, as small and light weight as it is.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

no, diversify too many other nice and just as reliable guns out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    If it is purely for home defense, and you don't already own one... what about a shotgun? Given a choice, I would rather be hunkered down with my m3 super 90 than any of my handguns.
    Diddos. Cant have to many Glocks. A pistol has its place for home defense but it cant compete with a good shotgun.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links