Sig 238 ???

This is a discussion on Sig 238 ??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got to handle one today..(it had the weird looking finish on the slide...kinda purplish colored..not crazy about it) Do many people carry them??? Have ...

Thread: Sig 238 ???

Sig 238 ???

I got to handle one today..(it had the weird looking finish on the slide...kinda purplish colored..not crazy about it) Do many people carry them??? Have they worked the bugs out of them??? Would I be nuts for trading my LCP in on one??? thanks Robbie

2. Remove Ads

I purchased the Nitron finished SIG P238 several months ago and couldn't have been happier. I say that in the past tense because I let my fiance shoot it and it promptly became *her* gun.

Her carry gun was a Micro Desert Eagle, also chambered in .380. The difference between the two in felt recoil is very noticeable; the SIG feels more like a .22 and has little muzzle rise. The Micro Eagle is a much sharper recoil, which makes sense being a blow-back action with a tiny grip. I've also shot the LCP and P3AT extensively, and if you don't mind giving up the DAO, the single action trigger is a real treat. The SIG even feels like a real gun, it's sights are great, and you could definitely spend all day shooting it without pain (not that you could find that much .380!)

You'll love yours!

Would I be nuts for trading my LCP in on one???
    Yes. Keep the LCP and add the Sig.
    I have the Sig and I love it. (I don't know about a purple finish)
    Very light recoil, easy slide to rack, never had a misfire, good looking.
    I'll add an LCP someday for only two reasons...............it's a bit smaller, and D/A.

The Sig is very nice gun...and i like the fact that it has real sights. That "rainbow" finish is off putting. I agree with above...keep LCP , and add 238.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links