Glock 36

Glock 36

This is a discussion on Glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I see the G36 vs Kahr thread was closed, I didn't see any info on one of the questions I have about the G36. The ...

Thread: Glock 36

Glock 36

I see the G36 vs Kahr thread was closed, I didn't see any info on one of the questions I have about the G36.

The grip on the Glock looks shorter than on the Kahr. I see the tech specs put the height at pretty much the same thing. I LOVED the way the Kahr felt in my hand. I had plenty of room for my three bottom fingers. If anyone with a Glock 36 and/or a P45 could measure from the outside of the trigger guard to the bottom of the mag I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

a glock 36 will leave you pinky hanging on the magazine baseplate. Why they made the grip end just to have a 1/2 thick mag baseplate is beyond me. Probably to say it was "shorter" compared to somthing else. A p45 is just a great feeling gun in the hand, although the g36 fits my hands much better than most glocks, still has the same glock grip angle.

My Glock 36 measures 2 3/16 inches from the bottom of the trigger guard to the bottom of the magazine baseplate. Magazine is stock with the original baseplate.

Thanks, I actually got to hold one last night, and no offense to Glocks, I used to own one and will own a full size one of these days, but for me and a carry gun the G36 grip is to long. Width wise and length wise it felt good, but it was to long (hand grip measuring from back of the pistol to the front). Thanks for the input, but I think I'll continue my search.

Also, I fired my friends Kahr P45 last night. Maybe I'm just used to my heavier USPc, but the Kahr felt like it kicked like a mule. I really want to stay with a .45 and not go down to a .40 or 9mm. Perhaps I really just need to put a couple hundred rounds through it and get used to how light it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSS View Post
    Thanks, I actually got to hold one last night, and no offense to Glocks, I used to own one and will own a full size one of these days, but for me and a carry gun the G36 grip is to long. Width wise and length wise it felt good, but it was to long (hand grip measuring from back of the pistol to the front). Thanks for the input, but I think I'll continue my search.

Also, I fired my friends Kahr P45 last night. Maybe I'm just used to my heavier USPc, but the Kahr felt like it kicked like a mule. I really want to stay with a .45 and not go down to a .40 or 9mm. Perhaps I really just need to put a couple hundred rounds through it and get used to how light it is.
    The .40 caliber will be snappy too. Felt recoil will always be a blend of gun weight, bullet weight and caliber characteristics. Other factors will be grip length and width, proper spring weights and magazine capacity.

I looked at a Walther PPS .40 today. I liked the way it fit in my hand. Yes it is a .40, so it's going down from a .45 and it's only a 7 round max mag. But the thing is so thin, .91 inches (slighty more with slide release clearance).

I've heard some bad things about the PPS, FTF, FTE, the trigger not returning to firing position after a shot is made. Most of these were back when the PPS first came out, but I've heard a few stories from 6-8 months ago. Is this typically of a "new" gun and I should have nothing to worry about? I've heard of people putting thousands of rounds through them with no trouble.

I've been reading reviews, but if anyone with real world experience could chime in I would appreciate it.

"Laws can't control the lawless"

Christian Gun Owner

Measurements lie..., you need to go to your nearest gun shop and hold them yourself. I have the Glock-36 and love the grip, better than all the other Glocks. I don't have huge hands, but I can fully grip the '36'.
    Your question is like asking which shoes are more comfortable?

Only you can tell...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Measurements lie..., you need to go to your nearest gun shop and hold them yourself. I have the Glock-36 and love the grip, better than all the other Glocks. I don't have huge hands, but I can fully grip the '36'.
    Your question is like asking which shoes are more comfortable?

Only you can tell...
    +1 very good advice. Measurements do lie. On the Ruger website, they list dimensions of their P-95 and SR9, and their published data indicates that the SR9 is slightly thicker than the P-95. Anyone who owns both will tell you that the P95 is a brick compared to the SR9.

You need to check it out for yourself.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Links