K.I.S.S. for my future firearm purchases.

This is a discussion on K.I.S.S. for my future firearm purchases. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am with SIXTO, the M&P grows on you quick. I have been extremely impressed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K.I.S.S. for my future firearm purchases.

VIP Member
    I am with SIXTO, the M&P grows on you quick. I have been extremely impressed.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

As others have said, I opt for all Glock. You would be hardpressed to find a better 9MM platform than the G19. (By the way, I'm not a 9MM kind of guy.) As for the KISS principle, here is mine. I carry (2)Glock30SF's in 45ACP or I will carry (2)GlockG38's in 45GAP. To me it just doesn't get any simpler than that. 2 spare mags for the G30's are the 13 round G21 mags. 2 spare mags when I carry the G38's are the 10 round G37 mags. YMMV but this is what works for me. All the guns handle the same, they are very soft shooting, exceptional out of the box accuracy. (Read as no gunsmithing required.) They all fit my small hands.
    Good luck in your search and always stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

I have a little cash and really wanta get a CCW in 40 due to massive amounts of 40 brass I seldom reload for my SigPro 2022,Ok I'm convinced I gotta go shopping at my local fun store
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If you are committed to the KISS principle, the Glock wins hands down. However, the M&P pistols have grown on me a lot.

CZ and Sig? Thats a tough call. I love my Sigs, but if I didn't carry Sigs for work, I think I'd probably be a CZ man.

Wheel gun caliber? Thats the easy one. .38/.357.
    SIXTO,
    I am surprised to hear you say this, I always thought you didn't like the M&P. I didn't like it at first either, when my dept changed to the M&P40 from the Glock 22 but I must say its charms have been growing on me, especially those spiffy metal drop-free mags...
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by chiboxer View Post
    SIXTO,
    I am surprised to hear you say this, I always thought you didn't like the M&P. I didn't like it at first either, when my dept changed to the M&P40 from the Glock 22 but I must say its charms have been growing on me, especially those spiffy metal drop-free mags...
    Well, to be fair, I didnt like the M&P when it first came out. It had some issues. I was involved with the first round of testing for a large metro PD. Had it been my decision to make, the M&P would have gone into the dumpster.
    However, I was invited back about two years ago for another round of testing. This time, I really liked the M&P in 9mm. They made a few minor internal changes for the better, and it made a difference in my opinion.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The Ruger GP100 357mag 4" is about as K.I.S.S. as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well, to be fair, I didnt like the M&P when it first came out. It had some issues. I was involved with the first round of testing for a large metro PD. Had it been my decision to make, the M&P would have gone into the dumpster.
    However, I was invited back about two years ago for another round of testing. This time, I really liked the M&P in 9mm. They made a few minor internal changes for the better, and it made a difference in my opinion.
    I too, am learning to like the M&P line. I prefer Glock to any polymer on the market. I wouldnt buy an XD with your money. The M&P 9 is a dream to shoot. A good friend of mine was given the M&P 45 for a gift buy his fiancee. It is loaded up with NIght Sights and feels very nice in the hand. If it shoots half as well as the 45 in other Smiths...I would mind having one. I stil think a Glock would be my first choice for a simple utilitarian handgun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I am issued a M&P40 by my agency. I was involved in our transition program from the Glock 22 to the M&P. We had major issues with our glocks failing to eject one of the last 4 rounds from the magazines, and the decision was made to go to another manufacturer. I did not like the M&P at first, because it wasn't the Glock I was used to, after a few months I really grew to like it. I fired over 3000 rounds through it without cleaning or lubricating it and had 0 issues, ever. I am also an M&P armorer. After my mini torture test, I broke the M&P completely apart and discovered no problems. I have also fired the M&P45 and it, as well, is a nice pistol. Smith did a good job of taking the Glock and improving upon the design: interchangeable backstraps, metal magazines, ability to field strip the pistol without pulling the trigger, etc. It also is, to my knowledge, the only pistol specifically engineered around the .40 S&W round, with a fully supported chamber and integrated steel chassis around which the polymer of the receiver is molded.
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links