PT145 Recoil question

PT145 Recoil question

This is a discussion on PT145 Recoil question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been doing quite a bit of research on the pt145. From what I have found the 3rd gens are quite a nice pistol. ...

Thread: PT145 Recoil question

PT145 Recoil question

I have been doing quite a bit of research on the pt145. From what I have found the 3rd gens are quite a nice pistol. I'm currentl EDC'ing a S&W 908 (Which I love) but looking at the pt145 it seems like a nice little package. 2 more round then my 908, a bit lighter and it's a .45 :)

One thing that I have heard quite a bit in the reviews that I have been reading (Much to my suprise) is that the recoil is "mild" for a compact .45. One of the things that has kept my from carrying a .45 is a concern over the recoil not allowing for fast accurate follow up shots. So pt145 owners, what do you think? Is the pt145's recoil milder then other compact .45's that you've shot?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

The recoil is not bad at all. I have a PT145 that I EDC have got 1400 rounds through it with never a problem. The only complaint I have is the texture of the grip I never liked it I put a Limbsaver on it and it feels much better. A lot of people will start bashing Taurus but I personally have never had any problems with any of their firearms and have owned a few. Good luck. Need to add I can rapid fire all 11 rounds and keep them COM at 15 yrds I never practice any further than that with it.

Jeff

should be very managable

ditto an the managability.

I have owned numerous Tauruses..I have never had a problem with a single one all have been reliable. I LOVE the size package of that gun(the 145) and the grip feel. I may get the PT140 or 111 someday cause I have a ton of 9mm and .40 ammo...ive often thought about getting a .45 though...and if I do thats one of my choices as to the one I may get.

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    The recoil is not bad at all. I have a PT145 that I EDC have got 1400 rounds through it with never a problem. The only complaint I have is the texture of the grip I never liked it I put a Limbsaver on it and it feels much better. A lot of people will start bashing Taurus but I personally have never had any problems with any of their firearms and have owned a few. Good luck. Need to add I can rapid fire all 11 rounds and keep them COM at 15 yrds I never practice any further than that with it.

Jeff
    +1 jbum.. i also have a pt145, my EDC no problems at all. I also didn't like the texture of the grip, i put a hogue jr over and feels great. Tauras has been good to me...

Bennett

The pt140 is snappy as heck. The pt111 is a great shooter I am just a .45 freak.

Bennett

The pt140 is snappy as heck. The pt111 is a great shooter I am just a .45 freak.
    I like them also but have not had one since I had a .45 Colt I sold back to the original owner back in the late 80's. I have a Glock 23 that I have a conversion barrel for so I have around 500 rds of 9mm and 200 of .40 on hand, I just never had a need for the .45 ammo anymore..BUT the biggest reason was the .45 ammo USED to be more than .40 ammo...last I checked they were the exact same price now...so since im not "saving" and money(used to be around $5-7 a box difference between .40 and .45) and they are the same price I have been thinking of going .45ACP. 2 weeks ago they had the WWB 100 packs and BOTH .40 and .45 ACP were $32 for the 100 packs same exact price.

Bennett

That makes me a bit nervous as I would think if the .40 is snappy as heck the .45 is going to be even snapier.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Rollo that is not the case at all the 145 pushes the 140 snaps it's hard to explain. I don't like the 140 for SD at all. I shoot DPX +p as a defense load in the 145 and don't mind the recoil at all.

Yep, the 45 will be pushy, not snappy.

Rollo, do you have other experience with 45 ACP out of any other platform? 1911's or other full sized guns?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Yep, the 45 will be pushy, not snappy.

Rollo, do you have other experience with 45 ACP out of any other platform? 1911's or other full sized guns?
    Yes, I have a 1911. I figured it wouldn't really be comparable though as the 1911 is a full size and a lot more "beefy" then the much lighter weight pt145. I don't find the recoil on my 1911 uncomfortable in the least.

Sponsored Links