Lasers or Lights recommeded?

This is a discussion on Lasers or Lights recommeded? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the laser for sure, it is not a replacement for proper training with your sights though! I also think that if funding isn't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasers or Lights recommeded?

I like the laser for sure, it is not a replacement for proper training with your sights though! I also think that if funding isn't to much of an issue, owning a Weapon mounted light wouldn't be a bad thing - use it if you need it, dont if you dont - at least you have the option. Its also good to have a dedicated CARRY flashlight and a dedicated NIGHTSTAND flashlight.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have the Steamlight TLR2 light laser combo on my FNP 40 and while it does impact balance, it is nice in low light situation. I have mine zeroes in for 20 feet. In decent light at the range, my accuracy is the same for laser or no no laser, but in low lightit is nice. I second the comment that it saves having to hold a flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    I have Crimson Trace on both of my EDC guns. I think it is a good way to practice point and shoot without actually shooting. It also made going to the range, where hopefully all your shooting will take place, a lot more enjoyable since it improved my shooting skills considerably.

So do I Full size M&P40 on top,Bottom is my Glock 27 also in 40,both,have CT laser grips,and both have meprolight night sights.The M&P holds 15 rounds in mag,1 in pipe,sits on night stand at night with a Surefire flashlight beside it.I rather have the light in my hand to shine where I want it to shine,not attached onto gun,to give my possition away.Both EDC guns1 big,1 small....) best of both worlds,the rest of my guns are mostly 1911's.

I have Crimson Trace on 8 handguns but, I don't have any with a flashlight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links