Why buy a G26 when there are G27's & G33's

This is a discussion on Why buy a G26 when there are G27's & G33's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very good question dennisPA! I was faced with this same conundrum late last year, G26 or G27 and just like you I reasoned go G27 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why buy a G26 when there are G27's & G33's

Very good question dennisPA! I was faced with this same conundrum late last year, G26 or G27 and just like you I reasoned go G27 and convert to 9mm when I wanted to. But I chose the G26. I have two larger handguns in .40 s&w and truly love them. Because I have issues with my hands (chronic pain) these shooters in this caliber is plenty a handful for me. However my 9mm shooters I can handle very comfortably for long sessions, even the sub compacts I have. Since 9mm ammo is so available verus .40 thats why I went that way. You can't go wrong either way. It comes down to what works for you best, good luck and good shooting. I really love my new little G26!

2. Remove Ads

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'd say get the G27.
    +1
    I love my G27, just a big fan of .40 cal
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

kpw
    Same reason I bought a 19 instead of a 23. My primary carry caliber is 9mm. If I want a .40 or .357, I'll buy one. The only caliber conversion I'd be interested in doing would be a .22 convo. but, then again, I have a couple .22s I enjoy already.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

VIP Member
    I picked the G26. Main reason was cost and availability of 9mm ammo and to have a mate for my G19. I also want a G23 and a G27, so regardless of which ammo may be scarce, I'm covered... Why pick one, when you can have many...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I have a 27 for off-duty carry because my dept issues the .40 cal G23 as a duty weapon. I had a 26 in the past. If I had to buy ammo on my $, I would get a 26. As mentioned, there are plenty of good SD 9mm loads out there.

If you get a 27, you can get a 33 barrel and have no problems. If you get a 9mm barrel, you will also have to switch out your extractor. I wouldn't carry it for SD without doing so. Range use would be fine, where malfunctions won't cost you your life.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock30SF View Post
    Get the 26 and learn to shoot it well. Then before you know it your Glock will have offspring (as Glocks have a strange way of multiplying).

those shameless glocks,
    running around and multiplying and WHATNOT!!

Will Rogers:
    Everything is changing. People are taking the comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Stick with the 9mm, it's usually easier to find
    Wait.. what? I guess it depends on where you are, but I've never had a problem getting .40. Meanwhile, I hear of people never finding 9mm.

Only reason I'll ever get a 26 (in addition to my 27) is for when my wife caves in and wants to get one. She won't be able to handle the 27.

Well, anything Glock would be fine. My preference of YOUR choices would be the '26'.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I love my G27 and G23...... For the longest time the G23 was my primary carry gun.... but recently it has been the subcompact G27. It's a powerhouse little pistol.

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

But the 33 is sizzling hot! I've fallen in love with the .357 Sig. A 9mm conversion barrel is under $100. Practice with one, carry the one on steroids.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Get the G27 hands down if the selection is b/w those. I have mine and I love it. I just got a storm lake 9mm barrel and I absolutely love it! That's what I would go for. Just my $.02
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I would get the G26, only because I see no need to use a .40 or a .357 Sig. The 9mm ammo is cheaper, which allows more practice. Recoil is less, so follow-up shots are faster. Penetration is virtually the same. If I got a G27, I would just end up converting it to 9mm, so what's the point? Save the expense and just get the 9mm from the get-go.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

yea, i was in the same boat. but I had a couple other considerations.

I really liked the .40, as it has a bit more power, however.

I already had a S&W 9mm pistol, and I went to the local ranged and rented both (26 & 27).

I was accurate with both, but went with the 26 because I had more control, and it felt very comfortable, and the 27 has pretty snappy, and didn't give me the confidence in it the 26 did.

So I went with the 26, very happy I did. Have had a couple chance to shoot it, and don't think I'll ever regret the decision too.

The Glock 26 is an excellent choice...I, too, made that selection for my daily CCW off duty. If I go into the woods and/or require something with a bit more zip, I'll strap on my .357 mag or lug my rifle.

If you can shoot...the 9mm 125 grain + P JHP are up to any defensive task.
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. That’s what it’s all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Thats a heck of an endorsement. Dawgfvr has am awesome SP101 with grips that make me daydream everytime I see them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links