DAK conversion on Sig P226?

This is a discussion on DAK conversion on Sig P226? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an old P226 that I generously received as a gift Ive been considering making this a project gun I was planning duracoating the ...

Thread: DAK conversion on Sig P226?

I have an old P226 that I generously received as a gift Ive been considering making this a project gun I was planning duracoating the frame, slide, and controls; putting some new night sights on there; rebuilding the magazines, and a replacement parts kit from sig (even though it doesnt NEED it).

Anyway, my 220 has the DAK trigger and I have grown very fond of it. I would like to make my sigs as similar in controls and action as possible. Does anyone know if older P226's can/cannot take to the modification? I was gonna send Sig an email but their response times can be a bit slow, so I figured I'd throw it out here first. Thanks!

(It looks as though its a west German P226 without an accessory rail, and I dont believe the slide is stainless)
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

bump
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    May be better asked over on Sig forum.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    You might be able to contact the Sig Custom Shop and ask them. Maybe you could send it out to them for the conversion, if they say they're able to do it?

For more information on Customer Shop services or instructions on shipping your pistol, contact the SIG SAUER Customer Service Department at (603) 772-2302.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    You can call SIG CS and ask them; they can tell you by serial number. But, if yours is older, then I am 99.9% certain the answer will be no. No SIG made before about 2004 has the necessary machining at the rear of the frame, as I understand it.

DAO, yes; DAK, not likely.

Thanks for the replies. Ive tried getting into the sig forum numerous times and have never gotten a reply from their admin. I didnt think it would accept DAK and I'll call sig to confirm it (I just hate spending 30min on hold). Thanks again!

Sponsored Links