Defensive Carry banner

Favorite 9mm Carry

24K views 196 replies 176 participants last post by  Toorop 
#1 ·
Curious as to what the members here like/would buy to use as a 9mm carry? I am currently waiting for my pistol license here in NY and am trying to do my research early!

Thanks

Steve

#2 ·
I love my PX4 Storm SC, they are a little hard to find but it sure does shoot smooth.

#3 ·
Lots of people like lots of different guns for lots of different reasons. You will get an entire 9mm catalog. I suggest looking at several:

GLOCK 19 & 26
S&W M&P9 & 9c
SA XD9 & 9c

The above are fairly economical. If you are willing to pay a little more you can check out SIG, Browning (Hi Power), or an EMP.

Since you asked, though.....

Of those list, I personally like the G19.

Good luck!

#52 ·
If you are willing to pay a little more you can check out ... an EMP.
I was at the gun store recently, an I took another look at the Springfield EMP 9mm pistol. While I have looked at them at length, previously, for a moment I could not clearly identify that tiny little pistol in the display case. It was so thin and small, relatively speaking. It fits well in the hand, it's relatively light for a steel 1911. I wish it had 10+ rounds, but that's about its only failing, from my vantage point. An amazing little gun.

#10 ·
The G19 is one of the best 9mm out there. I carry a 23, in 40 and would have the 19 if I didnt have a P228. That P228 is a VERY close 2nd as one of the best 9mm carry guns. I would recommend strongly either of those.

#12 ·
More of a 45 ACP fan than 9mm for carry...but on a few occasions I will carry my Keltec P11. If I had no other choice except a 9mm and were to buy a pistol to carry I like the XD in 9mm

#15 ·
XD9 4", Sig P250 3.9"

#21 ·
I have several 9MM's. 3 Custom HP's, 5 Glocks (26,19, (2) 17's and 34) and a Walther PPS. My favorite carry 9 is the Walther PPS - Flat , Small and it works - only issue is price of mags.

#22 ·
It's easy for me. My EDC is a CZ75 P-06, .40 cal. If I want to carry a 9mm I switch to my CZ75 P-01. Only difference in them is the caliber.

#23 ·
Small carry gun - M&P 9c
Full Size 9mm - Sig 226

Although lately I'm more likely than not going to be carrying the HK45, when I carry something else it's one of those two.

Matt

#24 ·
Beretta 92FS Never had a FTF shoots great. The military tested and replaced the 1911 with it. The army tried to make it fail but it passed. The pistol was featured in NRA Rifleman mag last month and this month. For a 9mm it was the most tested pistol in service history. It been around for 25 years and the US ordered more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.