Beretta 3032 Tomcat Inox

Beretta 3032 Tomcat Inox

This is a discussion on Beretta 3032 Tomcat Inox within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the last several weeks we (my wife and I) have been visiting shops looking for here a CCW. She has shot 40S&W, 9mm and ...

Beretta 3032 Tomcat Inox

For the last several weeks we (my wife and I) have been visiting shops looking for here a CCW. She has shot 40S&W, 9mm and my Taurus CCW 357 wheel gun with 38 special in it. She can handle the 38 special in the Taurus but the 40 S&W in a glock 23 and 27 and the 9mm in the Glock 19 and 26 was just to much for her due to wrist issues. Everything I read leads me to believe that a .380 will be even worse due to the dimunitive wieght of the typical .380. So we have moved on to mouse guns. She has held several 22LR guns and 25acp. She was not very impressed so we moved to 32acp. She looked at Keltec and a couple of other but then she held a Beretta Tomcat. She fell in love with it. It feels good in her hand and has some mass to it to offset kick. It also instills confidence in her because it looks to her like a "real" gun.

So now we have found a handgun that she feels good about and feels good in her hand. We do not have a gun shop around us with a range so she has not shot the Beretta nor do we know anyone that has one. So I am looking for feedback from Tomcat owners to compare the kick of the Tomcat to a .380 and say a Glock 26. I am also looking for feedback on performance and reliability. Thanks in advance for your help.
    A Man's true character is defined by what he does when no one is looking.

I sold mine (not INOX). I am NOT recoil sensitive and for me the kick was sharp and snappy (like most blow-backs) and it is not a pistol that I would want to do a lot of shooting with. Run a 100 or 200 rounds of SD ammo through it, check it out and then use it as an emergency only pistol.

OMO

bosco

I had the occasion to work on a Tomcat. (The neighbor lady's). The gun was jammed up tight. What I discovered is that the recoil transfer lever on one side came off of it's pivot pin, and jammed the slide. The only thing that holds the recoil transfer levers on their pivot pins is the grip. If the grip screw loosens, the lever is free to fall off it's pin. I reassembled the gun and it worked just fine.

I would recomend that anyone with a pistol of this design use some sort of thread adhesive on the grip screws to prevent this malfunction.

( The Tomcat has two recoil springs, mounted on either side of the magazine beneath the grips. The rearward motion of the slide is transfered to downward motion against the springs via levers mounted on pivot pins. When properly assembled, the levers mate into notches in the slide.)

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    If the .32acp is to your liking and you accepting some weight, then may I suggest you also keep an eye out for a couple other pistols in that caliber.

The ubiquitous Sig P232 has an earlier variation in it's P230 form that comes in .32acp. It has all the nice features of the .380acp but is softer in recoil and holds an extra round.
    GunsAmerica - 37216 SIG SAUER P230 in .32 ACP - Sig - Sauer/Sigarms Pistols > Other - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

The CZ83 also comes in .32acp and is very soft, mainly due to it's full sized grip and 29 oz. weight. A nice feature is that it holds 15 rounds.

Bersa/Firestorm makes the Thunder in .32acp too.

These three aren't all that easy to locate but they are around.

Baretta Tomcat.....That is the one my wife settled on when we were shopping around for her CCP. She loves it because of the way the barrell flips up.....and it is small and fits in her purse.....I dont care for it myself, but I would rather she carry one she is comfortable with.
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by DwnRangeKing View Post
    Baretta Tomcat.....That is the one my wife settled on when we were shopping around for her CCP. She loves it because of the way the barrell flips up.....and it is small and fits in her purse.....I dont care for it myself, but I would rather she carry one she is comfortable with.
    Has your wife been happy with it both as a carry and on the range?
    A Man's true character is defined by what he does when no one is looking.

i carry mine(inox) from time to time. when i am going light. not a range gun though fun to shoot. long trigger pull. i let a friend of mine shoot it he loved it and shot poa easily @12 feet. not snappy for me i can get a good grip on its thick grip. i keep one in the pipe for 8 shots of a not so powerfull round as you will need all of them to stop an attack .plan for head shots i feel safe w/ it. its better than nothing. ment for carry alot shot a little. my wife thinks its cool too. i can answer any ???s you might have

kpw
    Beretta has my 12 yo Tomcat. Cracked frame and the cross member on the slide. I've heard the Inox don't have that problem because of the greater slide mass. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I always liked that little gun.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

just a pic to go with all the words i posted...... dont you all love pics???????????????? i would like to see more photos. stop being so selfish. jus kidding... love pics though.
    Attached Images

Heres mine,carry it in a Don Hume leather Pocket holster,for a BUG......Bottom left of pic...,Glock 27 botttom right,top left S&W M&P FS 40,top right,Colt Commander.Crimson Trace Laser Grips on Glock and M&P,also Meprolight night sights,on both also.

Beretta Tomcat Inox

Bought an Inox at the Beretta Store in Dallas Saturday. I asked the salesman if this model had any problems with a cracked frame and he said no. I checked the Beretta Forum and see that some of the Inox models are having these problems. I wonder if I spent money on a problem pistol? It looks great, but now I'm really concerned.

I just recieved my new Inox Tomcat from Beretta as a replacment for my black aluminium 3032 which like kpw's developed a cracked frame (it took about 10 weeks to get it). The Inox is much heavier and thicker. That being said I would recomend this gun only for concealed use. I also own a Sig Sauer P232 in .380 and love it. Its a bit larger than the Inox, but about the same weight and has a full grip as opposed to the 3/4 grip on the Inox. Very accurate weapon with not much recoil, durrable for Range yet still very concealable.

Links