My new pistol...

This is a discussion on My new pistol... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You're supposed to clean and lube the glocks and XD because as with all other makers of guns they put a thicker storage grease on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new pistol...

You're supposed to clean and lube the glocks and XD because as with all other makers of guns they put a thicker storage grease on the guns since they don't know how long they will sit and don't want them to rust

The thicker grease is not conducive to the pistol running right the first time

if your happy with you glock more power to ya but not much point in i wanted it to run out of the box so i bought a glock post on this members thread.

I'm wiping the drewel from my lips!!! Saving my $$ for one, Nice gun!!! Enjoy and get good with it.
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

Nice Kimber.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

PJH, just as Bud White said, all manufacturers ship guns with protective storage grease to prevent any rust when you purchase your new gun. I have 3 Glocks, and I did exactly the same thing with them that I did with my Kimber: took them home, cleaned them, and then lubed them before I ever shot them. If you do not do this with any pistol you are only hurting your pistol. Trust me, call up Wilson Combat where they sell some of the best guns in the world, and they will tell you the same thing. But thanks for your opinion.
    Hoss
    "from my cold, dead hands!"

There is nothing like the good trigger on a 1911 is there Hoss?

Though i will say the sig 220SAO comes close sure dont feel like a 5# trigger

Wait till ya get 1-2K rounds though that kimber. The trigger will get better and better

Since it is your first 1911 keep a watch for Gunk to build up around extractor

PJH
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    You're supposed to clean and lube the glocks and XD because as with all other makers of guns they put a thicker storage grease on the guns since they don't know how long they will sit and don't want them to rust

The thicker grease is not conducive to the pistol running right the first time

if your happy with you glock more power to ya but not much point in i wanted it to run out of the box so i bought a glock post on this members thread.
    Certainly no disrespect intended to the OP (or anyone else for that matter). That Kimber is a fine looking pistol and I'm sure it will serve well.

My real contention was with the idea that all pistols need a "F&B" to be useful. To me, that's different than a quick once-over to remove the excess packing grease. I'm sorry if I miscommunicated.

-Paul

An F&B is not needed on a lot of pistols; some people think it is. I dont. I have a few 1911's and haven't bothered to do anything to them and only got one problem gun right from factory and it was tearing itself apart. No gunsmithing was gonna help that

VIP Member
    It's a good looking pistol, Hoss. Looks like the finish is perfect. I really like that tone of grey/black. Better than straight black.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Nice Kimber

Thats a great looking piece. I have a Kimber Pro Elite and it has always been a great shooter. The only flaw in the system is me. It seems the older I get......... well you know.

New Member Array gunwizard212360's Avatar
    I Have A Kimber Stainless Tle/pro2 With The Rail. And This Is One Of My Best Firearms That I Have. It Is So Accurate That A Friend Of Mine Shot It Last Week And He Swore Up And Down That It Must Have Been Tuned By A Skilled Gunsmith.
    So I Know How Satisfied You Must Be With That Kimber.
    They Are Really Great Guns. I Have 3... The Other 2 Being
    -team Match 2 In 45acp
    -and Ultra Cdp 2
    I Plan On Adding More To My Collection.
    Thanks For Posting You Have A Gorgeous Gun.

DC Founder
    I have a TLE II that I love as well. I bought it over two years ago and has yet to have one malfunction of any kind. I would estimate that I have run maybe 2000 rounds through it. You will continue to love that gun, I expect.

On cleaning, my Kimber initially needed just about the same amount of cleaning that my Nighthawk Enforcer, my Sig 226, my XD-40 and just about every other gun has required. Whether they really need it or not, I always do it. I take care of my tools, my tools take care of me....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Looks mighty fine. And great mags.
    NRA Instructor/RSO/Coach/Recruiter
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

You have all heard about the one that got away......well my TLE II was that gun. I made a great trade but will always regret loosing that one.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

VIP Member
    I've always liked the no nonsense appearance of the Kimber TLE's.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Congrats on the new Kimber and your first 1911. I also have a custom TLE II and I love it and carry it everyday. It's been a great pistol no problems and have close to 800 rds through it. Besides the factory mag I have a kimber pro tac and 2 mags from wolff springs and they all work well. I think you will be more than happy with your purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links