All the new guns

All the new guns

This is a discussion on All the new guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll tell you, it sure is hard to keep up with the gun market. I know it's not this frequent, but it seems like there's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the new guns

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar

All the new guns

I'll tell you, it sure is hard to keep up with the gun market. I know it's not this frequent, but it seems like there's a new gun or new model available every week.

Then you have you guys that buy every new model that comes out, just because you can. (I would too, if I could afford it)

It's a good thing we have dummy gun suppliers that TRY to keep up.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    It does feel a bit overwhelming when you don't keep up or if you're new to firearms in general, but it's actually a great sign. It shows that gun manufacturers aren't too scared to keep up the developing just because of political threats. Options breed improvements. That's the great thing about capitalism. By spending our money on what we like, we dictate where the gun market leads.

Just my $0.02

I ain't worried about the new gun market 'cause I ain't gathered up all the guns I wanted back in the old gun market.

I am enjoying a second hand S&W Model 10 4" barrel, and a custom trigger job, that was made in 1963.

There is something about this old banger that feels right and shoots right.

I have some new handguns also but would trust the Model 10 loaded with +P HP.

After all everyone that carries is responsible for every round that they fire.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I ain't worried about the new gun market 'cause I ain't gathered up all the guns I wanted back in the old gun market.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    I'll tell you, it sure is hard to keep up with the gun market. I know it's not this frequent, but it seems like there's a new gun or new model available every week.

Then you have you guys that buy every new model that comes out, just because you can. (I would too, if I could afford it)

It's a good thing we have dummy gun suppliers that TRY to keep up.

Nate
    Well, think of it this way...every time a new gun is launched into the market it creates an immediate need for holsters! So "keeping up" means your business is thriving...enjoy.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I 've wondered how many orders for a certain pistol you need to get before it is feasible to order a dummy gun. I would think that you would need several.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I enjoy being rather intelligent about firearms and keeping up to date on them. I work at a range most of the time, so it helps. Once you get the knowledge its easy to keep up.
    Last edited by Avenger; January 29th, 2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling errors

I wouldn't buy anything new, not until it's been on the market for at least a year...too many bugs to work out. Besides, my safe doesn't have much room for new guns anyway.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    It does feel a bit overwhelming when you don't keep up or if you're new to firearms in general, but it's actually a great sign. It shows that gun manufacturers aren't too scared to keep up the developing just because of political threats. Options breed improvements. That's the great thing about capitalism. By spending our money on what we like, we dictate where the gun market leads.

Just my $0.02
    Excellent post...worth much more than $.02
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

It would be tough trying to keep up on all the gun models and making holsters for them,over the last few years your dummy gun pile musta grown outrageous
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

GM
    I rarely buy something that just came out on the market, and that is because all possible defects. Even when learning from my own mistakes is good, I prefer to learn from other people’s mistakes (it is cheaper in that way). Furthermore, there already are out there way too many good guns that I “must” have
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

It's amazing that revolvers have been around so long and they are still able to come up with new innovations to such a basic design. The same with semi-autos too. Just think about how far handguns have come in the last 50 years or so. Lots of new materials and capabilities our gun toting forefathers could have never imagined.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I'm not interested in mouse guns or plastic guns, so that cuts way down on the list of guns that I do keep an eye on!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything new, not until it's been on the market for at least a year...too many bugs to work out. Besides, my safe doesn't have much room for new guns anyway.
    I have a little extra room in mine, I would be glad to hold on to them for you.

As far as purchasing everything that is new. Nope. One reason is that yes new products tend to have glitches in them. Secondly, there are lots of thing that overlap in the market.

The little Kel Tec/ Ruger LCP and similar sized guns fit the same nitch.

How many little snub nosed revolvers does one really need? There are probably 20 different models out there.

The guns I purchase are usually bought for a particular purpose and I don't usually double up on things that fit the same role.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links