Glocks vs. M&P

This is a discussion on Glocks vs. M&P within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, Just wondering which gun you like better, a Glock or and M&P (any calibers).... I'm partial to Glocks my self... Just my .02... ...

View Poll Results: Which do you like better??

Voters
305. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock

156 51.15%
  • Smith and Wesson M&P

149 48.85%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks vs. M&P

Glocks vs. M&P

Hey all,

Just wondering which gun you like better, a Glock or and M&P (any calibers).... I'm partial to Glocks my self... Just my .02...

Thanks

Voted M&P as I just can't get used to the grip on the Glocks. The M&P fits and shoots better for me overall. Both very nice pistols though.

kpw
    I like certain Glock models better than the M&Ps in general. I like the M&P 45 a bit better than the G21 but not better than the G30SF. Of course I'll take the G19 over all of them. The only thing I don't care for with M&Ps are the hinged trigger and and it feels wider.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Glocks never fit my hand/ felt comfortable. Gen 4 may change that.
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I have a Glock. The one thing that kept me from getting the M&P was that little pin in the trigger. I felt it was a weak point. My son, who has all sorts of pistols except the M&P, said the same thing. So I went with the G30.

Is it a weak point? I don't know. But it was what made me go back to the Glock. Maybe one day I'll get one, but not that day.
    Retired USAF E-8. Official forum curmudgeon.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I don't own or have ever held the M&P. But I do have a G26 and carry it daily now as it is very reliable and concealable (for me). I plan on getting a 19 soon. All this said I think an M&P would probably be a fine pistol. My 2 cents.

I voted Glock. I carry the G26 or G30 or G19. That said, I also carry Smith & Wesson model 60 .357 (have it on now). I have a Smith & Wesson 1911. Plus, one 40 year old model 36 snub. I think it is funny more votes for the M&P. Yeah it is better than the Sigma junk. Here is one for you M&P fans... I have thousands and thousands of rounds through my G26. One day at the range, I had two lite strikes out of 300rnds. New striker spring was a couple bucks and couple minutes to put in the gun. All is well again! I can replace any part in a few minutes time. I have a ton of aftermarket options on parts if I want to customize it. Glocks are great guns, and I won't be replacing with any M&P anytime soon. Oh yeah, love those rusted M&P slide photos on the internet.

Senior Moderator
    Glock vote here...I have the 36 and the 26...more coming.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Whoa, let's not start getting hostile...Smith and Wesson makes some fine autoloaders, the M&P line included.

That said, I don't own one, though I have fired one. I do own a Sigma, and I do own a Glock. The Sigma is not junk, it's been quite a reliable weapon for me. That said, it doesn't have much better than "acceptable" accuracy due to the hard trigger pull I believe. The M&P is a step above in refinement and ergonomics. I would put it in the same league as my G26 in terms of dependability, and refinement.

In the end, I guess it would come down to looks for me. While it is a fine pistol, I never cared much for the looks of the M&P. I actually find the ugly duckling of the gun world (the Glock) to be attractive in a certain way. Not pretty, but attractive in a functional sense I guess. So my nod goes to Glock.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    I don't own or have ever held the M&P. But I do have a G26 and carry it daily now as it is very reliable and concealable (for me). I plan on getting a 19 soon. All this said I think an M&P would probably be a fine pistol. My 2 cents.
    I have a G19 and could not be happier with it... Over 1000 rounds through it with out a single problem at all... also have a g27 that has been flawless as well...

Quote Originally Posted by bmahle68 View Post
    Oh yeah, love those rusted M&P slide photos on the internet.
    A friend has an M&P and had to send it back to smith because the magazine kept falling out and the slide which is supposedly stainless was starting to rust!

Owned them both. A Glock 19, 23 and 21. An M&P 45 full size and a 45 compact.

For me, the M&P has a much softer push for recoil where the comparable Glock snaps. Also, the M&P fits my hand so much better.

Having said that, I carry and compete with 1911's. That may have something to do with my preference.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I like the way the M&P grip feels and points for me,but if had to use a Glock would do so with confidence
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I Carry M&P9 with about 2k rounds run through it. Had one stovepipe at about 200 rounds but the it was a new shooter and I feel he just had a very loose grip. Have had zero problems otherwise and not abit of rust.

Very happy with it.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Compact45 View Post
    Voted M&P as I just can't get used to the grip on the Glocks. The M&P fits and shoots better for me overall. Both very nice pistols though.
    ditto

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links