Gen 4 Glock alert!!

Gen 4 Glock alert!!

This is a discussion on Gen 4 Glock alert!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you who have been waiting for the Gen 4 Glocks, they're out! But you need to be fully aware of something... The ...

Thread: Gen 4 Glock alert!!

Gen 4 Glock alert!!

For those of you who have been waiting for the Gen 4 Glocks, they're out! But you need to be fully aware of something...

The Gen 4 Glocks have a user-movable mag release (switch from one side to the other). The new mags are notched on both sides (obviously modded older mags). Thus if you move the mag release to the opposite side (pressed from the right) you WILL NOT be able to use non-Gen4 mags as they will not have the extra notch. This is not a problem if the mag release is pressed from the left side.

That said, the notch appears to just be cut out right down to the metal liner of the magazine. I see absolutely no reason why an older gen Glock mag cannot be modified at home with the proper measurements, scoring, and removing of the appropriate material...all at home.

Please check with your local gunsmiths about this type of magazine modification as they may not be aware of the issue and need to be as it could generate more business for them. It may also void the warranty on your older gen mags.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    That's not new news. It's just one more thing for Glock haters to gripe about (like no one else has ever redesigned a gun).
    If your old mags are more than a year old, I don't think warranty would still be an issue. And unless you change over, it should make any difference anyhow.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

The ambidextrous magazines have actually been out a while now....some three years or more. They have been sold with the new 3rd generations since before I bought my G19. Ambi magazines work fine with most all of the previous Glock models/generations. Personally, I wouldn't go cutting on my Glock magazines with a razor knife for any reason, and I wouldn't cut anyone else' either. You know what I'm wondering now right? Maybe you can send in your new 4th generation Glock registration in with your old magazines, and maybe they'll swap you out for new ambi magazine. Maybe....just maybe we should give Glock a call next week, and see what they have to say about it all? Whatdya say? 1-770-432-1202

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The ambidextrous magazines have actually been out a while now....some three years or more. They have been sold with the new 3rd generations since before I bought my G19. Ambi magazines work fine with most all of the previous Glock models/generations. Personally, I wouldn't go cutting on my Glock magazines with a razor knife for any reason, and I wouldn't cut anyone else' either. You know what I'm wondering now right? Maybe you can send in your new 4th generation Glock registration in with your old magazines, and maybe they'll swap you out for new ambi magazine. Maybe....just maybe we should give Glock a call next week, and see what they have to say about it all? Whatdya say? 1-770-432-1202
    How did that call go? I assume Glock said to Pound Sand....?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Sponsored Links