Ruger LCR

Ruger LCR

This is a discussion on Ruger LCR within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I see that many members here have the Ruger LCP, I have not read or found any posts regarding the LCR. I'm intrested in reading ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR

Ruger LCR

I see that many members here have the Ruger LCP, I have not read or found any posts regarding the LCR. I'm intrested in reading a review about the LCR. If there are any owners out there may you please post a review?

I have the LCR and can speak highly of it. Until I start rotating in the Glock 30, this is my conceal carry.

The trigger pull is long and smooth and the recoil is very manageable for being a "snubbie". Shooting 100 at the range does not cause your hand to hurt at all.

It uses +P ammo very well. Fortunately, .38 special +P is fairly easy to find. Being a revolver, a lot less moving parts, so my confidence in it is VERY hight.

I did not get the crimson trace light on it as I like the feel of the handle the way it is.

Highly recommended

Here he is at home with the rest of the family.

I carry a Glock 26 and think its a graet gun.......What are everybodys thoughts on a smaller .380...

We have one of each, and if I had to do it all over again, we might end up with a pair of LCR's.

Nice shooting, sweet trigger, light and comfortable to conceal, almost can't go wrong.

LCP wins by just a little in the ease-of-conceal dept, but for trigger feel and shootability, the LCR beats it hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    I see a lot of members here have the LCP but I was wondering if any of you guys have the LCR? I would love to read a review....
    A local range has one to rent. I wanted to try it and a SW 442, but they only had the Ruger, so I didnt rent it today. Maybe next time.

I do have an LCP also. Easy to carry, hard to shoot (with big hands and without much trigger time).

I just recently sold a couple of S&W snubbies. I purchased a Walther PPS, which I plan on using on those occasions when deeper concealment is needed.

With that said, I really think that I will be adding a Ruger LCR later this spring/summer. I have had the chance to handle a couple of them at different gun stores, and I really like the trigger pull and the feel of the gun.

I'm also waiting to read some other owners reviews about the Ruger LCR.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I played with one, and if I wasn't already invested in J-Frames it would be the only new pocket/ankle gun I would purchase.

Biker

LCR ++++

As stated trigger pull consistent and smoothe. Conseals quite nicely and recoil is managable. Light weight at 13oz unloaded, and very easy to clean. Overall very pleased with it.

Have the LCR with CT grips. Carry IWB Bianchi 100. It is nice to shoot, recoil is not as much as I thought it would be. The origenal grips are nicer but I wanted the CT grip. The fit in the hand is good, there is enough bulk to fill your grip.
    I carry while at work and don't notice it much. I office clean at night. Have yet to have anyone notice the I have it on me hhen I am out and about.
    On the range it is shooting well, gouping are small and consistant. Right now I am working on point and shoot and am getting good results. Have put 250 rounds though so far.

Thanks guys!! I wanted one and now I want one more....me thinks a LCP and an LCR are in my future!!! LOL!!!

Had one for about 10 days. It's gone now. I'll stick with my S&W's
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now able to do anything with nothing.

The wife has one and we both love it. Put CT grips on it to assist her 61yr old eyes at night.

One must keep in mind that it is not a range gun and is quite "snappy" due to its light weight and short barrel.

I'm considering one for myself, and I am a Sig guy.
    I'm clinging to my guns and religion.

I bought the LCP and LCR last Dec; I love them both! Different carry purpose.

Just be ware of the dreaded "Ruger Rattle"! The LCR can be substituted as a baby's rattle. Some LCR owners have loose a small part of their brain in order to not hear the rattle, so they can go on enjoying the rest of the gun.

Other owners embrace the rattle, and consider it part of the stigma of owning the first polymer framed revolver in history.

I like the gun's ergonomics and perceived "light" recoil, but the factory sights are abhor able, and the rattle sounds like I have castanets strapped to my ankle. I did not expext that sort of slop on a $500 gun.

VIP Member
    My wife has one and loves it. It is comfortable to shoot and very accurate. It is light, so +P is not something she does all her practicing with, but she has no trouble controlling the +P. She really like the changes in the trigger setup. She could not pull the trigger on a double action revolver (S&W or Ruger) more than 3 times before, but the LCR gives her no trouble.

You might check threads in the Defensive Carry Guns forum. I know there are several about the LCR.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links