Fun at the range

This is a discussion on Fun at the range within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my guns out for some practice. The guy in the booth next to me had a .40 (I think) and was shooting up a ...

Thread: Fun at the range

Fun at the range

Took my guns out for some practice.
    The guy in the booth next to me had a .40 (I think) and was shooting up a storm. However, there was one problem. He hit the white part (outside) of a silouete (SP?) target many times but only put one in the black from each magazine. Just banging away and not connecting. ( You get the idea). I could just picture the aftermath of someone breaking into his home. Holes all over the walls and ceiling. His dog and cat dead, the neighbors wounded, and a trail of $hit where the BG left, running (and uninjured)

So, I finished with my 9 and get out my 380 mustang (my main carry gun). So, mister marksman stood behind me at the shelf where we have our range bags, and watched me. ( I knew he was there).
    I put the whole magazine into the 8 ring or better in about 3 seconds.
    I reeled in the target and put up a fresh one. So, he says" good shooting, but with that [expletive deleted] mouse gun, you may get the other guy mad." So I said watch this, and put another 5 shots into the 8 ring or better, again, at 25'. He said "what if the guy is still standing" I put the last shot into the target's head area. He got quiet and left.
    Damn. If you are going to have a gun, learn how to hit something with it. You life may depend on it.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Something like this:

or with a few more holes

all shots at 21 feet
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

range

Yup!

Mic
    1 mag, 3 seconds, not a bad grouping!
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

So the the guy thinks a bunch of missses from a 40 cal is more effective than hits from a 380. Bless his heart.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    Took my guns out for some practice.
    The guy in the booth next to me had a .40 (I think) and was shooting up a storm. However, there was one problem. He hit the white part (outside) of a silouete (SP?) target many times but only put one in the black from each magazine. Just banging away and not connecting. ( You get the idea). I could just picture the aftermath of someone breaking into his home. Holes all over the walls and ceiling. His dog and cat dead, the neighbors wounded, and a trail of $hit where the BG left, running (and uninjured)

So, I finished with my 9 and get out my 380 mustang (my main carry gun). So, mister marksman stood behind me at the shelf where we have our range bags, and watched me. ( I knew he was there).
    I put the whole magazine into the 8 ring or better in about 3 seconds.
    I reeled in the target and put up a fresh one. So, he says" good shooting, but with that [expletive deleted] mouse gun, you may get the other guy mad." So I said watch this, and put another 5 shots into the 8 ring or better, again, at 25'. He said "what if the guy is still standing" I put the last shot into the target's head area. He got quiet and left.
    Damn. If you are going to have a gun, learn how to hit something with it. You life may depend on it.
    I've seen people at the range that do that....w/o hitting the paper at all. They could shoot for a half hour then return the target to the counter person....to put back on the shelf for the next customer. Last time I saw 2 guys shooting as you described mostly hitting the white @ 25ft on a B-27 Silhouette , I looked at the range bag they had behind their lane, it was marked Wayne County Sheriff Dept...Also said Dive Team...but deputies nonetheless. Scary.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

VIP Member
    I always try to remember to be humble about my personal skills/accomplishments. There is always someone better than I am. I keep my opinions to myself unless asked, but a loud-mouth like that would get the same treatment you gave. Actions speak louder than words!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

range

RR71: Exactly
    I will help almost anybody if asked. However, some, like that guy, need to be shown, not told. He can't argue aginst that.

I felt very safe if he tried to shoot me......Heh, Heh

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    A few weeks ago, there was one of "those guys" at the range two lanes over from me, teaching some poor girl to shoot his 9mm. Not teaching at all, more like ranting and raving at her, and not being the least bit helpful. They finish the 9 mm ammo and Boy Wonder loads up the Desert Eagle 50, sends a rifle size target out about 15 feet and barely manages to hit the very bottom right corner of the paper. I was polite and restrained myself from audible laughter. I very briefly entertained the notion of offering help, very briefly, knowing he was just the type that wouldn't listen to anyone, much less a woman. The poor young lady that he had been insulting started watching me shoot and asked him, why he didn't try shooting like I was. Again I stifled the upcoming snicker, but I had his attention, even though I'd rather not.
    I shot another couple cylinders with both hands, then switched over to strong hand only. That had him staring, Well OK mister you want a show, I'm happy to I set a new target turned backwards with 3 inch dot stickers spaced evenly right to left, again at 21 feet and proceeded to hit the 3 dots left to right, then right to left and the 7 th round in the middle one. His jaw almost hit the floor and my daughter was having a hard time not breaking out into gales of laughter, that she had to leave the range area.
    Along comes a gentleman ready to sight in his rifle, sets the target at 50 yards and fires three rounds. He picked up his field glasses and looked at the target, twice. He brings the target back not sure if he's seeing the 50 caliber holes he thought he saw. Yep, there they were. He looked at it twice again, before he kindly asked Boy Wonder to please try to shoot his own target.
    Boy Wonder left soon after, allowing me to release a pent up snicker or two, quietly, as politely as I could at that point.
    Now I'm not one to laugh at other shooters, but this guy and his attitude toward the young lady he was with, just bothered me.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    I always try to remember to be humble about my personal skills/accomplishments. There is always someone better than I am. I keep my opinions to myself unless asked, but a loud-mouth like that would get the same treatment you gave. Actions speak louder than words!
    Exactly...

Range commandos irritate me...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Links