Different between xd 9, 40, and xd 45

This is a discussion on Different between xd 9, 40, and xd 45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; can someone explain how different each one in terms of round cost and feel. I used a small pistol for nra basic pistol and went ...

Thread: Different between xd 9, 40, and xd 45

can someone explain how different each one in terms of round cost and feel. I used a small pistol for nra basic pistol and went to the range the other day to use xd 45 for a powerful kick. should i keep on getting used to the xd45 or am i better or with something in middle

also for my girlfriend, she cnt handle the xd45 (too powerful). whats good for her

If you like the XD platform, go with the XD-9. 9mm is the cheapest centerfire pistol round available, and with good hollow points is a very effective manstopper (for a pistol round). The recoil is considerably lower than .45 and you get more rounds in a slightly smaller grip.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

The 9mm will be the cheapest and 45 the most expensive

Recoil is about the same between the 9 and 45.
    I have always found the 45 one of the easy shooting caliber or the easiest to shoot in in platform.

I think in this platform 40 is middle on cost but highest on felt recoil

One good thing about eh 9 is it will use the factory 40 mags and you can cram more round in there than the 9mm mag and it will function fine...

Or i should say 95% of the time you don't have to adjust the feedlips it will just run

Out of my 4 40cal mags i use for my 9mm xd i haven't had to adjust mine but some people have

If the 45 is to much for you girlfriend either con her into more practice till she gets used to it .(My old ball and chain will shoot 45 only or 38 super In a 1911 only and shes only 5'4" at about 115)

Or try a heavier gun if you want to stick to 45

You could let her try 9mm in the xd but she might not like it my old lady doesn't nor in a glock complains about recoil as said above she will shoot a 45 and 38 super loaded hot in a 1911 all day with no complaints but hate the felt recoil of the Tupperware guns.

Also to try to get her into shooting try shooting gloves that will ease recoil quite a bit for here the ball and chain again will shoot some of the harder hitting wheelies like 44mag with the gloves and will shoot the glock and XD with the but still don't like them..

I agree with bud. The felt recoil on the 40 is highest. It just feels sharper to me. The XD is fine pistol. Try and shoot them all, but from what you have said so far the XD 9 sounds like the way to go. You may also want to try other pistols. I didn't think my wife could handle much recoil. One day we were shooting in a buddies field and before I knew it she was ripping off .357 mag rounds saying that she likes the fire that comes out of the barrel.

New guy on the block here. I've got 3 XDs, and .40 is the favorite out of them. The nice thing about XDs is there is an aftermarket guide rod and spring system that allows you to adjust spring weights by changing springs. I run a DGR w 22# spring and my XD40 Service feels about like the XD sub-compact 9mm. I only mention this if you have your heart set on the XD line and something larger then 9mm. I'll creep back into the shadows now...

Sponsored Links