-1 for Taurus

-1 for Taurus

This is a discussion on -1 for Taurus within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I just bought my last taurus gun. The thing that sucks about it is that I LOVE the gun. But I refuse to ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: -1 for Taurus

-1 for Taurus

I think I just bought my last taurus gun. The thing that sucks about it is that I LOVE the gun. But I refuse to do business with a company that I can't count on their customer service. Maybe I'm over reacting but...

When I got m PT145 one of my mags was defective. Fine. Whatever. I was annoyed but only slightly so. I had one that worked and it's going to be awhile before my mag pouch for the other gets here. So I ring up Taurus customer service. Figured I would be on hold for a while but someone answered.

Taurus Customer Service, How may I help you?

Yes, I purchased a PT145 pro a week ago and one of the mags is defective

Oh, no problem. Go ahead and send the mag in and we will send you a new one.

Great, I'll do that as soon as you send me a pre-paid shipping label.

We don't do send shipping labels for warranty repairs, you will need to ship it your self

Excuse me? This gun is less then a week old. I could see if it was a year old or even 6 months but it's a week old? I paid for a gun and 2 working mags, I got a gun and one working mag. I shouldn't have to pay to fix a out of the box defect.

I'm sorry sir, we don't send out shipping labels.

Id like to speak to the customer service manager please.

Hold Please

This is where it got interesting. I was on hold for about 15 mins. I kind of expected this as I've worked in a call center before and the CS manager is generally a busy guy. BUT then I get disconnected. I call back.

I was on hold for the CS manager and got disconnected.

Sorry about that, he's at lunch.

How long has he been at lunch?

About half a hour

I'm assuming you can probably see why I am a bit annoyed. The thing is it's the principal. It would probably cost me about 3 bucks to ship the mag back to Taurus but I don't think I should HAVE to. The mag was defective out of the box. I think that if you ship a defective product that YOU should incur all the costs associated with replacing the defective product. I could see if Ihad purchased the pistol 6 months ago but were talking about 1 week here! Am I over reacting?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    No i think Taurus CS are not treating you right... even if it was a year old, that is still under most warrantees... a week I would tell them (if you ever get ahold of someone) that you just lost a customer due to the fact that they are not acting very "business" like. Good luck
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I feel for you. I've been there and done it myself with the very same gun and issues. If you ever do get that mag sent in, good luck getting a new one back. I had to send in both of my mags, and it took over two months to get replacements. I also went out and bought a replacement factory mag that had the same problems. My mags would not load 10 rounds, and the gun wouldn't chamber a round with more than 7 in the mag at all anyway. They would nose dive into the feed ramp every time. I will never own another Taurus and I pass my story along every chance I get.

VIP Member
    Well that is an issue with then for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I think that if you ship a defective product that YOU should incur all the costs associated with replacing the defective product.
    Absolutely.

There wasn't anything wrong with your money; there shouldn't be anything wrong with their product.

Mistakes happen, but you shouldn't have to pay to resolve their mistake.

The company made the mistake. The company should pay for all related expenses.

That does sort of suck. Have you checked with the shop that you purchased it from. They might be able to swap out mags with you and send it back in through their distributor.

I have not had to use customer service from Taurus, so I have not been in your possition. I certainly hope that you get things worked out.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

GM
    I am sorry for your bad experience. It is exactly that kind of issues that make me refuse purchasing an item from the same company again, not matter if it is a gun, a refrigerator or whatever.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

The really sad thing is I was looking through the Taurus 2010 catalog and saw SEVERAL guns that I was interested in but this issue with getting my mag replaced I think has soured me on ever doing business with them again.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The really sad thing is I was looking through the Taurus 2010 catalog and saw SEVERAL guns that I was interested in but this issue with getting my mag replaced I think has soured me on ever doing business with them again.
    Look at it this way: Now you can take a fresh look at all those other gun catalogs. Your options just increased!

I'm not saying that this is the way that it should be, and I'm totally on your side. .....BUT..... I'm a retired courier of one of the big three.... And that is the way 99.9% of the company's do it, just saying...
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

I had a similar customer service issue with Sony and a home theater receiver. I have not purchased anything Sony in the past 7 years. I would be a bit pissed too, and would still send in the mag with a letter of your discontent stating everything you said in this post. If they are smart, they will send you two or three functional mags and an apology. I would give them a shot and see what they do to try and make it right. If they don't make good, I wouldn't blame you for not supporting them with your future purchases.

That's short sited on their part for sure. They just cost themselves way more than the shipping cost in lost cutomer loyalty. One thing about doing business with my local gun shop is that they make it right and then they deal with the manufacturer. That's why my local gun shop has won my loyalty and I'm willing to pay a tad more with them. If you bought it from a shop you frequent, then they should swap out mags and take the issue up with Taurus.

I had a similar issue with a Henry pump 22 magnum that has been sent back 2 times and I've only gotten to fire 12 round out of the gun. The second time my local gun shop sent it back, he said when it comes back in he will make it right by getting me out of that gun and into something else...which will be a Remington pump 22 lr. Henry lever action rifles are sweet...but the pump action had been aweful.

Talk to your local dealer and see what he can do. My 1 Taurus has been great, but I've never had an issue requiring their service. From the sounds of it, I hope I never do.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Can't blame you for being ticked off, they should make it right.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I would think your gun shop would stand behind a purchase that is only a week old......mine would, and has...no questions asked.
    That's why I buy and only two gun shops...lots of guns and ammo...they treat me right. None of this, "Well, we'll see what the manufacturer does." They make it right.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I would think your gun shop would stand behind a purchase that is only a week old......mine would, and has...no questions asked.
    That's why I buy and only two gun shops...lots of guns and ammo...they treat me right. None of this, "Well, we'll see what the manufacturer does." They make it right.
    +1 on that... I deal with one shop 99% of the time and they take care of me. They might be a few dollars more than what I would spend buying on line, but I'd rather spend my money locally...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links