Question for those in California

This is a discussion on Question for those in California within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend in California who tried to purchase a PT709 there and was told this pistol was only sold to LEOs, is this ...

Thread: Question for those in California

Question for those in California

I have a friend in California who tried to purchase a PT709 there and was told this pistol was only sold to LEOs, is this true? I know they have some wacky laws there but this IMO is crazy. I would appreciate any input thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Orange County, CA and Carteret County, NC

I still have relatives in Ca. They tell me things are, well not good for gun peeps. Really been crappy for quite a while. I would not be surprised at anything they come up with.

True,anything we consider the norm, there would have to be the oposite.
    You can only buy 1 gun per month there ? damn im glad im in florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    True, but there are several court cases pending that challange this law, and other California gun laws. According to the guy who taught my recent Utah CCW class, there is a good chance at least some of the restrictions will be removed by the end of this year. I hope so, but we will see.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    You can also buy some of these non-DOJ approved guns used. For example, the P3AT is not on the list for new guns, but you acn buy one from an LEO. It's a pain living in California.

As for the one gun every thirty days, I can't afford to buy multiple guns even in the same year, so this isn't a problem.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

This thread just made me think of something. My brother is moving to Sandiego and he has a Glock 22. I found this on the California attorne generals website

If I have a large-capacity magazine, do I need to get rid of it?

No. Continued possession of large-capacity magazines (able to accept more than 10 rounds) that you owned in California before January 1, 2000, is not prohibited. However as of January 1, 2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace officers, or licensed dealers.

I would think that his issue would fall under the import category. Do they make CA legal 10 rounders for the glock 22?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I would think that his issue would fall under the import category. Do they make CA legal 10 rounders for the glock 22?
    Correct, he can't take them with and yes 10 rounders are available.

Links