Just picked up a Kahr PM9 (with pics)

This is a discussion on Just picked up a Kahr PM9 (with pics) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my M&P, but its slightly chunky for carrying concealed, although I've tried it a few times. I'd heard great things about the Kahr ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just picked up a Kahr PM9 (with pics)

Just picked up a Kahr PM9 (with pics)

I love my M&P, but its slightly chunky for carrying concealed, although I've tried it a few times. I'd heard great things about the Kahr PM9 and have been wanting to try firing one. There are a few dealers in Ohio that have them for rental as well as purchase, so I went out to one today. One of them had one for rental as well as 2 for purchase, one with the night sights and the black slide, the one I wanted. So I went up there and tried it and then one followed me home. I'd heard that since it was a small gun that the recoil was horrible, but it wasn't bad at all. I got some gun belts too. I thought I had some sturdy belts, but little did I know how flimsy they were until I put a holster on one.

For those that have the black PM9, does the black finish wear off at all with time? I guess they just take the silver one and dip it?

Here is my M&P9c and PM9 in comparison as well as with holsters.

Forgive the blurriness of this pic

2. Remove Ads

Very nice.

I bought my daughter a CW40 and myself a M&P40c at the same time. I let her take both to the range and pick the one she wanted, and she chose the Kahr. The CW series is basically the non-fancy P series, slightly bigger (grip + length, not width) than the PM series. Wonderful little gun.

very nice I was looking at a pm9 the other day. If you don't mind me asking, around what price was that going for in Ohio? just curious.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    very nice I was looking at a pm9 the other day. If you don't mind me asking, around what price was that going for in Ohio? just curious.
    Black with night sights was $799. I think upper $600's with regular sights.

GM
    Nice pistols. Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I think they are great pistols. I know you will find some people with different opinions, but I have never had a problem with mine. Congratulations on the new piece.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    I think they are great pistols. I know you will find some people with different opinions, but I have never had a problem with mine. Congratulations on the new piece.
    Thanks. Yea, I've seen some dissenters, but the overall majority seems to be positive about the gun. And I'm with that majority after shooting it today.

Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    For those that have the black PM9, does the black finish wear off at all with time? I guess they just take the silver one and dip it?
    - I also have a PM9 with DLC finish and a limited edition MK9 with Black T finish. The DLC finish is a lot more durable than the Black T finish. I carried the MK9 for about a decade in both a leather holster and Blade-Tech kydex holster. The finish still looks fantastic.

My PM9 with LaserGuard LG-433 is my normal carry and it is a great gun.

Kahr calls the black finish "matte blckened [sic] stainless slide". It doesn't state DLC that I've read. Are these the same?

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The PM9 is certainly one of the very best subcompact semiauto avalible today! Shoots like a much bigger pistol and as you found out its not difficult to control at all. Handles much better than the LCP for example and its 9mm as opposed to the mini-Euro pellet (.380). Its more expensive but a whole lot more gun for the money than say the Kel Tecs for example. And I like your belt/holster rig for the PM9, very nice setup.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

You are going to love this pistol. I went for the two tone PM9 because of my concerns about the black slide showing holster wear. Either way you made a great choice. The recoil is very manageable, even with +P ammo. The trigger is one of the smoothest I've ever pulled. It is a little long, but I am ok with that for a carry weapon.

I currently carry IWB in my new Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro from Rocky. Take a look at my review and pics.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-kahr-pm9.html

Enjoy the PM9!!

Quote Originally Posted by polkhigh View Post
    You are going to love this pistol. I went for the two tone PM9 because of my concerns about the black slide showing holster wear. Either way you made a great choice. The recoil is very manageable, even with +P ammo. The trigger is one of the smoothest I've ever pulled. It is a little long, but I am ok with that for a carry weapon.

Enjoy the PM9!!
    I agree - the pull is a little on the long side compared to what I'm used to, but I'll get used to it.

The gun has a roughly 200 round break in period. What do you all think of this idea? I mentioned cleaning the gun first and the guy at the shop said, no, I wouldn't take it apart and clean it until after the first few hundred rounds. That way any little bits inside will sort of act as sand paper and smooth things out and loosen things up for that break in. They also said that if I just sat watching tv and racked the slide back in forth a ton of times that that would do almost the same thing as firing 200 rounds. I can sort of see where all of that makes sense in theory, but I still feel like I should clean and oil a new gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - I also have a PM9 with DLC finish and a limited edition MK9 with Black T finish. The DLC finish is a lot more durable than the Black T finish. I carried the MK9 for about a decade in both a leather holster and Blade-Tech kydex holster. The finish still looks fantastic.

My PM9 with LaserGuard LG-433 is my normal carry and it is a great gun.

Mine is listed as the "Micro Black Diamond" finish. Is that one of the ones you listed?

Very Nice. I'm thinking about adding a PM9 for the same reason you stated.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links