I want a pocket pistol

This is a discussion on I want a pocket pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have decided that I want a pocket pistol. This will mainly be a convenience gun or a deep cover gun. I will pocket carry ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want a pocket pistol

I want a pocket pistol

I have decided that I want a pocket pistol. This will mainly be a convenience gun or a deep cover gun. I will pocket carry it when there’s no way I can carry my PT145. I also may pocket carry it around the house on those days when I’m not really planning on getting dressed. I am going back and fourth between a wheel gun and a .380 like a LCP or p3at.

The upside of a wheel gun is that I don’t own one and I think everyone should have at least one wheel gun in their collection  Another nice thing is that I wouldn’t be so worried about lint and dirt getting in the gun and jamming the action like I would be with a auto. The down side is that it will be thicker then a pocket .380 auto. The other downside is that carrying a speed loader is bulkier then a flat mag.

Then there’s a .380 auto. Just look at the pros and cons of the revolver and reverse them. There are some great pocket .380's out there but also some really nice small frame revolvers. What do you folks think?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    The P3AT/LCP are good little guns, but the 442/642 are hard to beat. You'll be surprised how comfy an airweight J frame in your pocket is.
    "Just blame Sixto"

That's a tough one. Personally I love the wheel guns, always have and would probably go that route if I was you but I have to say, I just went and visited my dad in NY and he just bought an LCP. It' the size of my wallet, yet still feels nice in my hand, I think I kind of like it
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Its all about the holster. Wheel or Auto, a good pocket holster makes all the difference.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    S&W M&P 340 in a Blackhawk #3 pocket holster. You won't know it's there.
    SCGunLover1

IMO youdefinitely need BOTH. For around the house, w/pocket holster, hard to beat my LCP. Slip it in the pocket and almost forget it. Sometimes it's necessary to slip it in my pocket when I leave the house, depending on where I'm going and how often I might have to disarm for a "no gun zone". With that being said, my S&W 642 was my qualifying gun for my Concealed Carry Permit class. I've learned to handle it and be confident when I carry it. I normally use it as a BUG if I feel a BUG is required for my daily activities, and have it in my bedside area along with my Glock 26. I can always find a situation or activity that will dictate my choice of utilizing the 642 or the LCP and am happy I have both.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I bought a IWB/SOB holster for my P-3AT. I can carry that little package in gym shorts, PJ's, or jeans without a belt. Very convenient...
    I also have a pocket holster in which that .380 just disappears.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The funny thing is that just yesterday I swore off Taurus. I love my PT145 but was having a issue with their customer service trying to return a defective mag. Low and behold what do I see today?

Taurus PT 738 TCP .380 ACP Stainless/Polymer Pocket Pistol

Grrrrrr!

I am also a bit weary of the P3AT. Looking on ktog seems like you have to do a lot of work to make the things run. Fluff and buff, this mod, that mod. Theres a ton of do it yourself guides. Personally, I want my guns to run from the factory, I shouldn't have to finish it when I buy it.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Administrator
    The stuff you see on KTOG are modifications; things that might make it better or more suitable for your use. None of them are musts.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Why pick the TCP over the LCP?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The stuff you see on KTOG are modifications; things that might make it better or more suitable for your use. None of them are musts.
    correct, I have a keltec pf9 and I put almost 1000 rounds through it before I even knew about KTOG and never had a problem with the gun from the day it came out of the box brand new, I never did any of the fluff and buff, trigger mods, etc...and it shot everything I put through it with accuracy except lawman ammo.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

I recently bought an LCP.
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

My favorite pocket pistol is a Seecamp .32. If I could find a Seecamp .380 locally, I would buy it in a heartbeat. It is hands down the highest quality pocket pistol I've ever owned or shot.

I also own a Kel-Tec P32 and a Kahr P380. I really like the Kahr P380 with the Crimson Trace LG-433. It's been a great gun at the range and it also locks the slide back when empty. I'm also going to trade my Kel-Tec P32 in for a LCP since they are the same size.

Here's my choice for a pocket pistol. SIG P238 in a Mika Pocket Holster. Hornady Critical Defense .380 ACP for ammo.

I have a Taurus 851, a Smithie 638 and the mrs has a P-3AT. I personally love the snubbie wheel guns. The mrs loves her P-3AT. Her pistol gave her a bit of hickup on the first fifty rounds but it's been flawless for many boxes since then. It depends on what you're into, I suppose.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links