my FEG P63 clip falls out... is there a fix..??

This is a discussion on my FEG P63 clip falls out... is there a fix..?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just got my FEG P63 tuned up. i replaced the springs Springs for FEG Semi-Auto Pistols hammer spring recoil spring firing pin spring ejector ...

i just got my FEG P63 tuned up. i replaced the springs
    Springs for FEG Semi-Auto Pistols

hammer spring
    recoil spring
    firing pin spring
    ejector retainer spring
    polished/reshaped the chamber feed ramp
    new clip

it doesn't jam anymore, double action trigger weight is perfect, i put a 13lb recoil spring in it, it flips a little less. i think i will put the 15lb spring in it i got the 3 heavier barrel spring kit.. they throw in 3 heavier firing pin springs..!! i did have a miss fire after changing the hammer spring. and a jam i had to fix at home. i used my dremmel and a bullet nose stone to take a step off the chamber to the feed ramp. wet/dry and oil polished up the ramp. changed the firing pin spring. it is really nice to shoot and i love the way it feels in my hand.. I'm 6'6" 210lbs.. big hand.. other side is a hook. i put 50 rounds thru it, no problem. except for...

one of my clips falls out about every 3-4 rounds. i can't see any difference in them. i was wondering if i could flair out the receiving hole a little.. the pin that holds them in isn't really very big, doesn't seem to move very much in the process of its function. they are $30 plus shipping.! the one i ordered works great.

my carry weapon is a 38 Special S&W 637 with a Crimson Trace grip.
    ..I love the Laser sight. but the P63 has a better profile than the revolver and 2 more rounds. I'm pretty skinny, it's pretty hard to hide anything on me. the Asian waitress gave me a look with a smile and a glance to my pocket the other night...i had my pocket holster.

have a really nice NO8 Tactical holster inside the belt holster that is pretty comfortable, i guess i had better start using that. it is just hard to deal with putting it on with one hand. but i really like it, it keeps the gun from poking you when you sit down.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I would try replacing the magazine (its not a clip) release spring and/or magazine release first. Heck you changed out all the other springs so why not this small spring. If this small spring is worn or damaged it may not provide enough force on the release to hold the magazine after its seated.
    You can get a mag spring and the release for $14 + shipping here
    Hungarian PA 63 FEG 9X18 Pistol Parts
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Duk tape,seriously is it just one magazine or is the mag release worn to the point that it could happen to every magazine,might be time to replace the magazine release
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links