Who likes the Para LDA?

Who likes the Para LDA?

This is a discussion on Who likes the Para LDA? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I went to pick up my new Colt from the dealer today, he let me play with a Para LDA. I've always wondered what ...

Who likes the Para LDA?

When I went to pick up my new Colt from the dealer today, he let me play with a Para LDA. I've always wondered what an LDA trigger felt like, and I was completely amazed. I couldn't believe how sweet and light the trigger was, it almost felt like there was no trigger pull at all. The gun overall is a little heavier than the New Agent, but it may make its way onto my short list after today. Only downside I can see is no chance to re-cock the hammer on a dud primer, but I think I could get over it since I've never, ever had a bad primer with my .45's before, not even reloads.

Well, recocking on a bad primer is not a good habit to be in anyway.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    When I went to pick up my new Colt from the dealer today, he let me play with a Para LDA. I've always wondered what an LDA trigger felt like, and I was completely amazed. I couldn't believe how sweet and light the trigger was, it almost felt like there was no trigger pull at all. The gun overall is a little heavier than the New Agent, but it may make its way onto my short list after today. Only downside I can see is no chance to re-cock the hammer on a dud primer, but I think I could get over it since I've never, ever had a bad primer with my .45's before, not even reloads.
    I've had two LDAs, all my current 1911s are standard SAO guns. If I have a gun break I can send it to any smith I want, I would not be so willing to do so with an LDA if for some reason I didn't want Para to do the repair.

The LDA is nice for a DAO style gun, but I just preferred the regular single action trigger.

Para LDA seems popular with LEO's that prefer 1911-style pistols, but must carry DAO or DA/SA duty weapons due to agency policy.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I've had one for about five no problem years. It's one of the finest triggers on the market.

Links