Which One Should Go?

This is a discussion on Which One Should Go? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's a simple question but a hard decision. I'm going to eventually pick up a Kahr P380 with nightsights. I know it's a pricey gun ...

View Poll Results: Which Pocket .380 should go?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keltec P3AT

37 60.66%
  • Ruger LCP

24 39.34%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which One Should Go?

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar

Which One Should Go?

It's a simple question but a hard decision. I'm going to eventually pick up a Kahr P380 with nightsights. I know it's a pricey gun but I have an MK9, a P9 and a K9 and LOVE them so it's a natural fit.

The problem is I already have a Keltec P3AT (factory hard chromed 2nd gen, flawless) and a Ruger LCP. The LCP went home for the recall and is back and runs/looks flawlessly.

I'm going to sell or trade one. I just don't need three pocket .380's. I like the idea of having two in case one ever goes down. Between the P3AT and the Ruger LCP, which of the two would you get rid of?

Thanks
    Gideon

2. Remove Ads

I've got the Ruger LCP with a Bersa Thunder. Keep the smallest most useful one [LCP?] and then buy a bigger more comfortable fun one?

[

The problem is I already have a Keltec P3AT (factory hard chromed 2nd gen, flawless) and a Ruger LCP. The LCP went home for the recall and is back and runs/looks flawlessly.

Gideon[/QUOTE]
    Has the P3At ever had any troubles , Mine aint ,No brainer , Good bye LCP. Never keep a gun just because of the name on the side of it, If it dont work , you can just throw rocks a whole lot cheaper.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

I would buy a second P3AT and forget the Kahr 380.

Wife and I both carry P3ATs and are very happy with them.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Virtually the same gun if you ask me. I just trust Ruger more than Kel-tec, but that's just me
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

PM
    I'd keep the two you got and not buy the Kahr. Then again I do not like the owner of Kahr for reasons I will not go into here. Though I voted to rid yourself of the Ruger; only because I have heard better things about the Keltec line as a whole and not so good things about the LCP as a model. I love my p89 and other guns I've shot made by the comapany so it ain't Ruger!

keep the Ruger.

Keep the KelTec...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If nothing else, the LCP has a manual slide lock, which is useful for cleaning, inspection, and helping to load the first round. The KT does not have this feature. So, I'd sell the KT.

But, as others have said, I would really keep both and not buy the P380. You could buy a lot of .380 ammo for the price of the P380...or training...or some lasers for the other pistols...or you could send it to me...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Keep the KelTec...

^^^^^^yep^^^^^^^^^^

I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Keep the LCP.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Which One Should Go?

keep them both and then buy the p380 if you really want one... so what if you have 3 ...
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

I guess if you live in an area where the threats are all comfortably handled by minor caliber rounds, go for it. For me, rather than invest in a third, pricey .380, I'd be inclined to step up to a heavier caliber weapon... 9mm as a minimum. There are lots of choices in highly concealable guns in more effective calibers. My Kahrs (K40 and CW9) are as reliable as the day is long, but they are indeed pricey. A CZ, Glock, Springfield or S&W M+P are affordable alternatives well worth considering.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have owned both... I now only own the P3AT. Completely reliable and much easier to hang on too.

It is my EDC bug in a Rough Out pocket holster with CT laser.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    let's see.... a HARD CHROMED P3AT or LCP?

I would keep the HC P3AT.

If the P3AT was plain blued on black, I might consider trading it AND the LCP, and maybe a couple hundred bucks for the Kahr. But you do seem to be making a very wise decision to keep one of the micro's to keep the new P380 company.

surv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links