Diamondback DB380 Report

This is a discussion on Diamondback DB380 Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nobody locally had the DB380 in stock so I located one on Gunsamerica. Turned out the shop listing it was within an hour drive -- ...

Thread: Diamondback DB380 Report

Diamondback DB380 Report

Nobody locally had the DB380 in stock so I located one on Gunsamerica. Turned out the shop listing it was within an hour drive -- was worth the drive, believe me. Local shops, on rare occasions when they did have one, were asking $400 to $450. I got this one for $369.

Finally got to the range today, and ran 100 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ, 25 rounds of the range's RNL reloads, and 25 rounds of Aguila JHP's. Only problem was first round of third magazine; failure to go into battery. But I did it, not the gun. Just as I can usually call a flyer, I could tell I slipped as I released the slide. That was the only problem.

Accuracy was good; all shooting was offhand as I really was function testing more than anything. The trigger pull is long but smooth and feels like the promised 5lbs. Recoil is minimal due to the locked-breech design and very low bore axis.

Who knows what will happen down the line, but for now I couldn't be happier with it. BTW, Diamondback is out of magazines and will fill orders first come, first served; told me it would be "several weeks" wait.

Here is a(rather poor) photo of my new BUG

And here it is with my primary -- Sig P239 SAS 1st generation .40S&W (original wood grips, while beautiful, were too thick; these Hogue Extreme Aluminum panels are perfect fit for me.)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Thanks for the report. Held one of those in the local shop yesterday. It was interesting. The owner broke it down (very easy take down) and showed it to me side by side with a Glock.

It's almost a direct knock off. Not saying they copied Glock but they're so similar it's not even funny. It did feel good in the hand and the sights weren't bad.

Enjoy the new gun!!
    Gideon

Hmmm...looks like I gotta keep my G26 away from my LCP lest they go and have a baby...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

GM
    Congrats to the new DB and thank you for the report; it is always nice to hear when someone makes a good deal when buying a gun.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new DB...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

RPB
    Welcome to the DB380 owners' group.

I even wear mine around the house in a Bianchi Model 6 suede holster on WalMart sleeping shorts.

Mine's loaded with 85gr. Guardian Gold +P JHP at the moment for carry around the house.

My old Walther PPK blowback would have hurt my hand with those .... so it's retired now. DB380 is sweet.

Sounds like you got a sweet deal on yours, cheaper than I paid (375+20 transfer fee+15 shipping)

I had thought about putting a Hogue Handall Jr on it like I did with other thin 9mms and .380s, but it doesn't really need it, so I'll save it for the next toy I get, maybe the Microtech Archangel MCP 7-ounce 9mm, if they ever become available..

Links