New wheel for my rotation

This is a discussion on New wheel for my rotation within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin Here's a link to a page with some good pics. I think it illustrates one of each and a pistol that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New wheel for my rotation

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Here's a link to a page with some good pics. I think it illustrates one of each and a pistol that appears to have the same kinda grip. It looks like it will work, but I have no clue without buying and trying.
    Thanks. As shown in the picture, the body of the Safariland has to be pushed into the cylinder to drop the rounds. The HKS drops them with a twist without the need to shove it all the way into the cylinder and that is probably why it works. Worth a try if you want to use speedloaders.
    Last edited by wmhawth; February 6th, 2010 at 04:53 PM.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It’s nice to just snub around. In fact, I returned from a milk run hours ago, and I’m still wearing my appendage carry 642. As for speed loaders, there are dozens of grip options to better accommodate them. Heck, old or new, there are moon-clip options as well. Granted, they're more practical on a k-frame but that certainly isn’t a rule, or the trend.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Wink What???

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I’m still wearing my appendage carry 642.
    What appendage are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Unisaw View Post
    I KNOW NOTHING!

I think we all know what he meant......
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted by Saber
    I’m still wearing my appendage carry 642.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unisaw View Post
    I knew the 642 was a comfortable gun to carry..... but I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Great, thanks for the info. I checked out some strip loaders online today and they seem like a good option, but kind of slower then the ones I had with my 642. Kinda wish I had kept at least one of them suckers now, but I'll try a couple of each just to have it covered. Thanks!

If you decide to go with speed strips you may want to take this advice into consideration.
    buy the strips set up for 6 shots instead of 5 and leave a space open in the middle somewhere.It is much easier for reloads.at least for me.
    the 5 shot speed strips tend to cause folks to drop a bullet that pops out unexpectedly.
    That is advice that I got from folks on here and im thankful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ebk637 View Post
    If you decide to go with speed strips you may want to take this advice into consideration.
    buy the strips set up for 6 shots instead of 5 and leave a space open in the middle somewhere.It is much easier for reloads.at least for me.
    the 5 shot speed strips tend to cause folks to drop a bullet that pops out unexpectedly.
    That is advice that I got from folks on here and im thankful for it.
    Yup, I would've most likely got the one that loads 5 and found out the hard way. Thanks for the tip.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Congrats on the snubbie!

Just curious - when would you use this instead of your home-made CW9 "Covert?"
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Congrats on the snubbie!

Just curious - when would you use this instead of your home-made CW9 "Covert?"
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Well actually, I'll carry it daily along with my LCP. I'm very surprised at how easily it conceals. IMO it conceals better than my CW9. Once the cylinder is concealed the frame literally disappears IWB. Yeah, I'm considering the 5 vs 8 and faster reloads, but I'm thinking my LCP will offset the lack of confidence for the other two rounds and it actually adds to it by 2 more powerful +p offerings, if you look at it like the NY reload.

Truth be known. In the event of danger, I'll most likely reach for my LCP and use it instead of any of my primary pistols that I'd be carrying that day. I have a solid conviction that the .380 will do the job just fine in most all situations. If by some chance the 7 rounds of .380 fails, well I'll use what's available on me at the time. The way I understand it. In the event of a shooting, it seems to be about 50/50 that the pistol used will be lost in the system and you have probably seen it for the last time. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but either way, IMO a good running LCP will handle most anything. I do love my autos but it's kinda nice on low risk ventures to have a good alternative like the 638.

GBK

Nice snubbie man
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links