it happened today

This is a discussion on it happened today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i went out today to put another 50 rounds through my pm9 and it did not go to well. i have about 700 rounds on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it happened today

it happened today

i went out today to put another 50 rounds through my pm9 and it did not go to well. i have about 700 rounds on the gun with no problems until now. this gun was my carry gun, but no more! on the second shot a case got stuck in the barrel. the bullet did shoot but the case got stuck in the chamber. i figured it was may have been really dirty or something but i had just cleaned it. i have never seen this before but the case had blown out backwards. it blew a hole out right at the extractor pin. well that blew the extractor pin out of the gun. looked for 2 hours to find it but no luck. so now the gun is completely jammed. the case was still in the barrel and there is no extractor at all in the gun. the little pin that holds the extractor fell in my hand and the spring was next. i believe it was not the guns fault at all but with one bad round the gun was jammed beyond repair if i had been in any bad situation. i think that i have been converted back to my snubby. if this would have been with the snubby, all i would have to do is pull the trigger again. i never thought something like this could have happened but it did to me today. the bullet on a revolver is completely enclosed. on my auto the powder charge came out right at the extractor pin. very scary indeed. alot of people talk about this gun or that gun, but today it was the bullet that failed. just wanted to share this with yall.

2. Remove Ads

What brand ammo was you shootin?

That sucks sorry to hear it.
    Although,I hear khars customer service is decent.

snubbies are super great!
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 6th, 2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: removed language work around

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Hate to hear that. Hope you can get this issue fixed on their penny. Ammo brand?
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

If it was factory ammo , GIVE THEM A CALL
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Very sorry to hear that. It does sound ammo related to me.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    If it was factory ammo , GIVE THEM A CALL
    H/D
    Righto on the factory ammo...Hope it wasnt reloads.

i will try to get a picture on here,
    Attached Images

Good to know you weren't hurt. What brand ammo?

That bites!

However, it was an ammo malfunction. If you had a revolver:
    if it had been a squib load, it could've come to rest btwn the forcing cone and cylinder thus rendering your revolver useless;
    if it had been a case of too much pressure, the primer could've backed out and locked up the cylinder thus rendering your revolver useless;
    if it had been a case of too much pressure, or dirty chambers, etc a case could get stuck in the chamber, thus rendering your revolver useless as to reloads;
    we have a bunch of revolvers that are .357's but only shoot .38's b/c of improper cleaning of the cylinders;

Not to really bash revolvers, but they're just not the panacea so many seem to think they are. You did switch to a pistol for some reason ....

it wasn't any high dollar ammo, but it says ( A-MFRC ) stamped on it. it was one of those 500rnds for hardly nothing from cabelas. i don't think it had a double charge because the primer didn't back out at all. maybe just a weak case or something. i do have to say thank god i had a strong gun that didn't blow up in my face. i sure hope this wouldn't happen with some good ammo. kind of scary though!

Just a word of advice, this looks like an ammo related incident. If you are hoping for Kahr to fix your gun for you you may want to take this thread and all associated pictures down.

ammo

+1 on that. Definitely ammo problems.
    The word about being "cheap" ammo packaged in 500 rd boxes, give it away.

A few years ago, I bought some "surplus" European army ammo. It stove piped, FTF, FTE, etc. Did not blow cases, but was nasty to shhot.
    I used it up and switched back to gun range ammo. No more problems.
    Don't tell Kaar that you used that ammo. Just say the pin went flying when you were at the range....
    With a revolver, if the bullet becomes lodged in the barrel, gun blows up on the next shot, just the same as an auto pistol.
    However, the revolver is a simpler gun and not ammo sensitive.
    I carried a model 36 for a long time, and never felt undergunned or not confidant in it ability to go bang if needed.
    Now I carry an auto pistol simply for better concealability

i am not trying to get kahr to cover it. i just wanted to share my experience with everyone. it is just like the saying goes 'you get what you pay for' applies to this too. i just like to shoot alot but can't pay a dollar a round just to play. besides i already ordered an extractor pin. thank for info

Our responses were aimed at this portion of the statement
    i have about 700 rounds on the gun with no problems until now. this gun was my carry gun, but no more!
    I understand the emotion attached to having a gun fail like this but I wouldn't let this incident cause you to lose confidence in your (rather expensive) carry gun. I'm glad everything turned out OK in the end and that you weren't injured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links