Should I Trade?

This is a discussion on Should I Trade? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've currently got a XD40SC and can get a great deal on a Glock 26/36. I like them both b/c they are smaller and weigh ...

Thread: Should I Trade?

Should I Trade?

I've currently got a XD40SC and can get a great deal on a Glock 26/36. I like them both b/c they are smaller and weigh less. This is strictly for carry use. I'm leaning towards the 26 b/c ammo is cheaper and it's 1/2 smaller in length and height. Trying to decide if I want to trade the XD on the Glock or buy outright. What's your thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Never, never trade. You will never get what the gun is worth and you end up loosing $$$. If you must get rid of the XD, sell it outright to the buyer direct.

If you can keep the XD and still fund the Glock, do so.

Try before you buy IMO. Trading an XD for a Glock might be in your best interest. But you should know up front.

Get rid of a XD for a glock?

Never trade, If you have to get rid of it sell it first. Having sold a few guns, and deeply regretting getting rid of each one, I'll never sell another one
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

There is only about 1/2 in difference in the height and overall length between the XD subcompact and the Glocks. The width of each is very comparable as well. I'm holding loaded XD9 subcompact with 13 rounds and my Glock 27 with 10 rounds now, and I don't feel much of a difference in weight. Glocks are more popular and hold their value probably a bit better than the XDs, but that may not be a concern. You said that your main reason for the Glock purchase was for better concealed carry, but I don't see that big of a difference between your choices. Buy and carry what feels better to you. Good luck.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

Quote Originally Posted by phigity View Post
    I've currently got a XD40SC and can get a great deal on a Glock 26/36. I like them both b/c they are smaller and weigh less. This is strictly for carry use. I'm leaning towards the 26 b/c ammo is cheaper and it's 1/2 smaller in length and height. Trying to decide if I want to trade the XD on the Glock or buy outright. What's your thoughts?
    if its straight up yeah go ahead and trade...im assuming your talking someone wanting to do a straight up trade??

Remember its NOT a bad deal as long as its a straight up trade and the prices of the guns your getting and or trading are similar. only time its a bad deal is if your getting a "lesser"(meaning expensive) gun by far or they want you to include cash in the trade or only want to give you a fraction of what your guns worth.

I have the Glock-36 and the 26...both are so easy to conceal. I'd trade in a heartbeat.
    I buy all my 'stuff' from one of two gun shops, and yes one does get less on used guns from a gun shop. That said, I have gotten some very good deal on trades considering that the new guns I've purchased have been great deals for 'solid' customers.
    Have you ever traded in a car or do you wait to sell it to a private buyer?
    I get a kick out of those who say don't trade that "X-Gun" in, you'll lose a $150 on what you could have made in a private sale.
    Those same individuals then trade a used car in on a new(er) one and lose hundreds/thousands more.
    It's a matter of what you want. I have always thought that in the 'big picture' of life...make a C-note, lose a C-note...it's all a wash.
    Yes, I've traded some, and sold some to private buyers...I think it all evens out in the end. It's only money...so many guns...so little time.
    That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

hmm.
    that is a tough choice for sure.I have sold and traded a couple and regret it sooner or later.If you can afford to buy it instead of trading that would be better for you in the long run.JMO
    when the new glock novelty wears off and it's new anymore you will regret trading your XD.

TGC
    I'm curious, if the Glock is the better of two why is that person willing to trade it to you? I don't like Glocks, so for me the answer would be "no".

VIP Member
    I'd trade. The 1/2 in. difference in height is a BIG difference, when you're trying to conceal it. The main reason I got the G26 was because of the short grip height...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I wouldn't trade. If you want the glock buy it outright. The dealer isn't going to give you what the XD is worth, he has to leave room for reselling it and making a profit. If you don't want to keep the XD sale it outright yourself.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phigity View Post

See the object of life is that when they plant you, all your relatives will fight over your extensive firearms collection......he who dies with the most guns wins. Keep the XD and buy the Glock!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

keep the XD....pass on the Glock.... and then go buy another XD

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I'd trade. The 1/2 in. difference in height is a BIG difference, when you're trying to conceal it. The main reason I got the G26 was because of the short grip height...
    They may make a difference but I think the width means more in the long run and they are about the same.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I would trade the XD just so I could have the G36 in 45acp.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Links