Defensive Carry banner

My new M&P9

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  KevinDooley 
#1 ·
Not the best pics, but here's my M&P9. I got it NIB a couple of weeks ago and have nearly 600 rounds of the Todd Green 2000 round challenge through it so far. All mods (except night sight install) were done by me and include:

Beavertail reduction (stupid thing poked me in the love handles)
Stippling of backstrap, frontstrap, mag release, and index marks
Apex Sear installation
MA compliant trigger return spring
Warren 2 dot night sights

See less See more
#4 ·
Just a cheapo soldering iron I wasn't going to use on soldering. That and a lot of patience. Instead of pushing it straight in, I just drew little short lines with it.

#6 ·
Actually I noticed my grip seemed a little slick when I picked it up with wet hands (it was raining one of my range days), this seems to take care of that problem. I don't really notice it rubbing me IWB - but I also have worn undershirts since high school, so it may just be the extra layer of shirt..

#8 ·
Yeah, that's what partly gave me the idea - I thought for $2 and some elbow grease I could probably have something comparable - though not nearly as good looking.

#9 ·
Nice link to those inserts! Does the gun come with a large size, then if you want medium you must order it??

Kevin, I really love the customized look of that pistol. Good colors. :hand10:

ps. what is an "MA compliant trigger return spring"?? what does it do for you?

#15 ·
Hell that is half the beauty of an M&P, for example lets say that you had a couple boo boo's with you first time on the soldering gun. You just buy a couple grips and your are good as new. The longer I own this gun, I am starting to think it's a real gem.

I dig the different colors!! By the way, I see you are on the M&P forum too! I just joined!

#16 ·
I googled this in case anybody else wants to know:

""""the "MA compliant spring" is nothing but a heavier trigger return spring that gives MA bound M&Ps a 10# trigger pull which allows it to be sold in MA. The spring itself is just what makes the gun compliant. There is no compliance tag/requirement on the spring. """"""

10 lb trigger - gee whiz.

p.s. that ma compliant spring sentence (s) are copied from the S&W forum.

#17 ·
Yeah, with the APEX sear and the MA spring, it breaks at about 5.5# - which is what non-MA compliant M&P's come with from the factory. The two in tandem give a much smoother and crisper trigger pull (APEX sear) and then a distinct (both tactile and audible) reset, thanks to the MA-compliant spring.

Once it's released I'll be adding the APEX firing pin block/plunger to smooth take up and make the reset that much more distinct. That should put it on par with a good Glock trigger and should just about eliminate the one short coming I found in the M&P when I was pistol shopping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.