Glock 27 or Kahr PM40 - Page 2

Glock 27 or Kahr PM40

This is a discussion on Glock 27 or Kahr PM40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is all the MIM parts used in the cost down CW series. The Moonies saving them dollars. MIM parts is what brought Kimber down! ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 27 or Kahr PM40

It is all the MIM parts used in the cost down CW series. The Moonies saving them dollars.

MIM parts is what brought Kimber down! They just went Bonkers in Yonkers and killed the goose that lays the golden eggs!

I now refuse to work on Kahr and Kimber. Send them back and get them out of my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - This is due to Massachusett's ridiculous laws more so than the quality of Kahr guns. Seecamp can't sell their normal versions of their guns in California either. It's not due to their quality, as I doubt you'll find a finer quality handgun. BTW, Kahr does offer a model of their gun that can be sold in MA. It simply has a safety and a loaded chamber indicator, neither of which affect the reliability.

Kahr Arms / Kahr News

I own both Kahr and Glock.
    What about the absence of Public Service or Military Sales. I had a Studebaker once too.....so what!

The other gun makers don't seem to have a problem with Mass Laws, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9mm View Post
    What about the absence of Public Service or Military Sales. I had a Studebaker once too.....so what!
    - What's there to debate? The Kahr is a subcompact firearm made for concealed carry. It wouldn't make any sense for police or military to use it for primary carry when there is no need for concealment. If I was in the police or military, I would hope to carry a Glock 17 rather than a Kahr.

The Kahr was approved for NYPD off duty and backup carry.

The other gun makers don't seem to have a problem with Mass Laws, why is that?
    BTW, here's a list of Massachusett's approved firearm list to carry. The purchase list is different.
    http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/...rms_roster.pdf

Kahr originally did not make a firearm that met MA's "safety" requirement. Neither did a lot of other companies, including Glock.
    Guns that you cannot buy in Massachusetts
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ocks-mass.html

BTW, do you ever try to check the factuality of any of your statements? A google check took all of 30 seconds.

-
    BTW, do you ever try to check the factuality of any of your statements? A google check took all of 30 seconds.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

Kahr also never made a gun that is on my approval list either. I was in a war and got stuck with a 1911 rust magnet and jamomatic. The best thing I ever did was find a Makarov and it never failed me in two tours. Plenty of ammo all over the place too. Plus you could carry a bunch of it in your pockets. Finest and best designed Military Weapon I ever fired and carried. It sure saved my butt numerous times. Pour some #2 diesel fuel on it and it was ready to go again. Tough as nails.

You're allowed to bring your own weapon on tours of duty? (I'm not military, so I don't know.)

Kahr also never made a gun that is on my approval list either.
    - Have you actually ever fired a Kahr? It's not clear by your posts if you simply don't like them because of negative reports or if it's from personal experience.

I've owned two Kahr guns , the PM 40 and the CW9 and had trouble with both.
    I won't go into all that now , I'll just speak to the recoil issue.
    ITS MASSIVE
    I nicknamed my PM40 "Zeus" because shooting it was like casting lighting bolts
    out of you bare hands.
    I sold it and the cw9 and got better guns to carry.Done&Done
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I tried a Glock 33 (same size as G27) and found it to be too bulky and grip-heavy for me. I recently traded it off and decided to give Kahr another look. I had a CW9 1.5yrs ago and had issues with light primer strikes. It took 3 trips to the factory to cure that issues and soured my taste for Kahr for a while. Had I known then what i know now, I most likely could have fixed the CW9 in about 30 mins and would still be carrying it. The Kahrs have an awesome trigger and the build quality is impressive to say the least. I recently decided to give them another shot and bought a PM40. I've only had it a few weeks now but I've put 300 rounds through it without any problems. It's accurate enough for defensive use and is as easy to conceal as a small .380.

Carry the PM40 with Corbon 135gr JHP or DPX 140gr SCHP
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ACT 235 Certified #45700

Quote Originally Posted by bbecker1983 View Post
    Carry the PM40 with Corbon 135gr JHP or DPX 140gr SCHP
    I agree with the lighter load for this gun. I went with 155gr Magtech Guardian Gold. The 180gr loads were a bit stout to me.

Thanks to most of you for the input so far. My PM9 has been perfect so far with about 300 rounds of various FMJ, JHP's. No FTF's, FTE's, plating issues, etc. it goes boom every time.

I know Kahr has had some issues in the past but it seems like they have gotten their act together in the last year, thus the reason I have waited until recently to buy one.

Still thinking.....

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    I've owned two Kahr guns , the PM 40 and the CW9 and had trouble with both.
    I won't go into all that now , I'll just speak to the recoil issue.
    ITS MASSIVE
    I nicknamed my PM40 "Zeus" because shooting it was like casting lighting bolts
    out of you bare hands.
    I sold it and the cw9 and got better guns to carry.Done&Done
    My MK9 Elite 2003 has over 2000 rounds on it. It had a few failures during the first 150 rounds; after that, never a problem again. And it does not have much recoil at all. My practice ammo is American Federal Eagle 115gr and 124gr; the SD ammo is 115gr Corbon DPX, which has more recoil but still is manageable.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

- Have you actually ever fired a Kahr? It's not clear by your posts if you simply don't like them because of negative reports or if it's from personal experience.
    Both! + 1. Working on them as well. The CW series is full of MIM parts that break. Then there is the AD issues floating around the internet as well.

Having both guns but in different calibers (9mm G26,CW9). I'd say the nod would go every time to the Glock. Both are excellent pistols, but if I was ask which one I prefer, the Glock wins the day everyday.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links