Glock 27 or Kahr PM40

This is a discussion on Glock 27 or Kahr PM40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by peterj I have a Glock 27 and frankly I'm not crazy about it. I don't care for the grip angle or bulk ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 27 or Kahr PM40

PM40

Quote Originally Posted by peterj View Post
    I have a Glock 27 and frankly I'm not crazy about it. I don't care for the grip angle or bulk when CC'ing with light clothing. Also, my gal has trouble with the size of the grip and she feels it's quite snappy.

So, I recently purchased a Kahr PM9 and absolutely love it. I would like to keep a 40 and am considering trading the 27 for the Kahr.

Does anybody have any experience or thoughts with the PM40? Comparisons with the PM9 Vs. PM40, specifically recoil differences. How about recoil diff. between the 27 and PM40? I don't mind the snap but my gal does a bit.

I'm wondering if the slimmer Kahr grip has any perceived reduction in recoil.
    I carry the Kahr PM40 all day as my primary. I find it accurate and a pleasure to shoot. The size, weight and grip size make it a much better concealed carry option than the Glock 27.

Remember to duck, these bullets are real!

2. Remove Ads

I just bought a used PM40 yesterday that was made in 2006. It still has the plastic mag catch and old style recoil assembly. I shot it using the 6rd extended mag and it ran flawlessly. I was surprised and pleased because the extended mags are known to cause feeding problems as well as the plastic mag catch. Having Mepros pre-installed by prior owner before purchase, well it don't get any better than that. As far as accuracy goes, it was on the money. The con concerning my recent acquisition is that my PM40 didn't come with any 5rd mags and none of the local shops have any in stock. Oh the most important part, recoil is there but it is in no way shape or form brutal!!

My experience with the PM40

I have had a PM40 for about a year. I have put about 1200 rounds through it. The only trouble I've had with it was ammo related. It did not like Fiochhi 170 FMJ truncated nose. Other than that it has been a very reliable gun. The trigger is great. It is a perfect size for CCW. With six round mags, you have all fingers on something. I'm not as worried about a safety as some others, my IWB holster keeps the trigger covered. The recoil doesn't bother me, I keep shooting about 100 rounds a month. And as far as service, Kahr has treated me very well. Needed new recoil spring at 1200, they sent two entire recoil assemblies for free, neither seemed to match my original (lengths were a little different). I called and asked what I should do, they had Fed-ex pick it up this last Tuesday afternoon, had it back Friday morning with new assembly and a couple extras, no expense to me at all. I am a happy customer.

Regards,
    Josh

If you think the recoil is bad on the Glock just wait until you try the PM40. Also the slide is much more difficult to operate on the PM40 compared to the Glock.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9mm View Post
    Both! + 1. Working on them as well. The CW series is full of MIM parts that break. Then there is the AD issues floating around the internet as well.
    Sorry I'm late to the game here. What is "MIM"? I'm clueless.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links