Who likes their Colt Night Defender 1911 ?

This is a discussion on Who likes their Colt Night Defender 1911 ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I believe the Defender is silimair to the Night Defender. I like the stock Night defender. A buddy of mine just bought one and likes ...

Thread: Who likes their Colt Night Defender 1911 ?

Who likes their Colt Night Defender 1911 ?

I believe the Defender is silimair to the Night Defender. I like the stock Night defender. A buddy of mine just bought one and likes it. I just wanted to know (for the night defender owners) how it runs out of the box. Any problems? did you have to run $150 worth of ammo thru it before it would function properly? The night defender I suppose is fairly new, so I cant find many places to purchase. Im just wondering about reliability out of the box. I have finally saved up the $ for my new 1911, and I am ready to make a move. Also, does Colt have good service? thnx
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

i have shot all hollow ponits bullet through my defender which was made in dec 2009 and i have had no malfunction, it has around 400 rds through it.

Sorry no info. but I sure did want one until I got off on the Glock track late last year. It seemed like I was going to have a tough time getting a Defender. So since I already have a fine 1911 Kimber that I DEARLY cherish, (wife bought it for me 5 years ago) I decided on something else. But everything I have seen and read about the Colt Night Defenders had my attention as I love COLTS. I sold a MARK IV Gov. model years ago and still regret it. So it would have been a pity me purchase more than anything, because honestly I don't have any first hand N.D. experience. But they sure look good! So by all means go buy one and tell us how good it is so I can whine some more, L.O.L. Serious though I love my G26. Best of luck if you get one. Keep us informed if so.

I have the Defender and it is my EDC. No problems with it from the start. I believe the night defender is simply a all black version of it?

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    I have the Defender and it is my EDC. No problems with it from the start. I believe the night defender is simply a all black version of it?
    here is a pic . Its not as pretty as some of the ultra II Kimbers, but..
    Attached Images
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

VIP Member
    That's a beautiful weapon... guess I'll add it to my wish list!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Beautiful Gun! That black on silver really stands out.

yes... Ok the slide is Black rather than Plain Brushed SS of the regular Defender. And different grip pannels. But same gun I think otherwise. Perhaps it has night sights already installed? Can you confirm or deny that?

Great gun really. Great carry weapon.

RE: Night Defender

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    yes... Ok the slide is Black rather than Plain Brushed SS of the regular Defender. And different grip pannels. But same gun I think otherwise. Perhaps it has night sights already installed? Can you confirm or deny that?

Great gun really. Great carry weapon.
    Just started search for a night defender. Second choice the Defender in 9mm. Where do I look. I see patience will be needed. Any help?

I had no problems with my Night Defender, it shot 100% right out of the box. Originally Colt / Talo were doing a limited run of 400 guns, that was later upped to 800. I sent an E mail to Talo because my serial number was 11xx and wanted to know why. The response from Talo was that Colt did a third run so serial numbers ended around 1200. I believe the Night Defender went out of production about 2 or 3 years ago. I don't think there is any difference mechanically from the regular defender. Its just the slide color, possibly the sights and the grips, as well as the limited production run. I'm not an expert on the gun so I could be wrong.

Thanks. That's more info than I've found in a week. Still want a colt defender in 9mm. A real pilgrim at this. Are there better places to look than
    Gunbrokers etc.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I don't own one, but I like almost any firearm that has "COLT" stamped on it. Their service is excellent, and their custom shop is what all the others are trying to be (some achieving it).
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Links