Ruger p95

Ruger p95

This is a discussion on Ruger p95 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about doing some trading and getting a P95 do any of you DC'ers own one and if so how do you like ...

Thread: Ruger p95

Ruger p95

I am thinking about doing some trading and getting a P95 do any of you DC'ers own one and if so how do you like or hate it. Thanks for the in put!!

P95

We it is a great pistol. Built like a tank. After several thousand rounds and a year of IDPA shoots, I loaned it to a friend. He shot the fire out of it and I later sold it to him. I wanted a carry pistol and for me the P95 was big for a concealed carry pistol.

Here are the pluses, the gun shoots everything. It is completely reliable, Ruger stands by their products, did I mention it is built like a tank? I think you will like the pistol.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

I have had one since soon after they were introduced, has always run great. I traded it to my mother; her stainless steel full size revolver was getting to heavy for her.

I have owned two of them years back. Loved the way they shot! Accurate very dependable weapons. But as said before...they are a little large to conceal. But damn nice pistols.
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

Ditto what RKirk said. Had mine for years and it shoots everything I put through it. And being polymer the recoil is quite light.

Mine works great just replaced the recoil springs, didn't need to but did it anyway, even fires without some of the pieces in it! Like other said built like a tank utterly reliable with any factory ammunition i've tried no matter how many different kinds i put in the same magazine. While it is a little on the large side i don't find it any harder to conceal than my 45XD, easier actually if only b/c it weighs less. Its going to be my IPSC gun as well

I have an older model I bought used a few years ago. As stated above, awesome, reliable, durable, accurate...just a little large for CC. I use mine for groundhog. I've talked to a few buddies about selling mine since I have other CC guns (PT709, XD40sc, 442). Hard to part with such a great piece. You can't go wrong with it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Very reliable, but bulky to carry.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

It's not the prettiest gun I have, but it's one of my favorites to shoot. Mine is the original de-cocker (no manual safety) models and it is utterly reliable.

As others have pointed out, it's a tad large and heavy for IWB concealed, but for OWB it's doable.

It's one of the better bargains around. One of my local dealers sells it for $269.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Had one for several yrs. Actually sold my Glock 17 & kept the P-95 when those mags got up to $100 during the ban. Just as good a good for durability and flat top/sights make it faster on target. Hi-cap mags about $12 all day long. Not quite as accurate as a Glock 19, but used it to qualify with last 3+times. Always about high 90+%. Fast sight picture, low recoil, very fast mag change, ambidextrose mag release, easy care (in stainless) and fast take-down/reassembly. It has rounded edges, good to carry IWB in a soft foam holster too-it's not that big-you get used to it. Little large for every day carry. Suggest the Kel-Tek P11.

Mic
    Owned one about 2003, couldn't carry my Glock on the job, picked it up for around $450, great li'l shooter, tough for a 9mm, sold it to a buddy for his sons first gun.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Had one for 10 years but sold it a while back,It was just sitting there collecting dust as it was a bit too big too carry, but as everyone else said it was 100% 100% of the time.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

Sponsored Links