Used G30

This is a discussion on Used G30 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am seeing a lot of used G30s. Saw one today with laser sights that replaced the rear sights. The gun looked like it had ...

Thread: Used G30

Used G30

I am seeing a lot of used G30s. Saw one today with laser sights that replaced the rear sights. The gun looked like it had never been carried and shot very little. The gun shop was asking $475. Came with one spare mag and Glock box. Inside the box was the factory rear sight, a sight tool and spare laser batteries. I am not familar with that laser sight, but if it is any good I would think that it was a decent deal. Is everyone else seeing lots of used G30s? Why?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

mrm
    If I were you i would go buy it cause the replacement sight alone is like $350 on the internet. so between the 2 thats a heck of a deal.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

VIP Member
    You are likely seing all of the G30's that people bought and then found the G30sf and realized they liked them better. The sf really seems to be more comfortable to a rider range of shooters.

Like mrm said, that is a very good price, if your are in the market for a G30. If not, then not so much. I would never buy something JUST because it is a good price.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

if you break down the price of the two items then it is a good deal. just about any used glock you see will be around the 400 to 450 price range. i have seen some around 500, but they don't sale. what is the price of a new one in your area? leo prices on new ones in my area are around 370 to 400, i think. been some time sence i looked. i picked up all of my glocks when the prices were low,, a long time ago. i like the g30. i got one that i use as a range gun. never gives me any problems with many rounds down range.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Maybe the 30sf is the reason why you are seeing some maybe not, but I have a 30 regular frame and love it, one of my favorites......hard to get a better shooting 10 shot 45 in that size ackage that shoots as comfortably.....if you are thinking about it, don't think too long!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I bought a used one and I like it. When Para came out with the big frame 1911 I never really liked it because it felt too big for me. But the 30 seems to fit nice. I shot it in some IDPA matches and people were amazed that I was able to control as well as I did.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have a G30 and like it. I've picked up the SF30s and can't really tell the difference. Maybe for those with smaller hands it helps.

Yeah, I'd say it's a good deal, assuming the gun is in good shape. The laser sight and tool are added bennies.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If your like me and don,t like laser sights then its about $50.00 to high.
    IE. your paying for something you were not looking for to start with.
    On the other hand if you like lasers it's a great deal.

By the way, I've owned a G30 and its a great .45 for CC.
    I liked it better than the G36 myself.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

What is the difference between the G30 and the G30sf. I just got the new Midway catalog #33 and they have the same sight for 139.99. I already have a G36 and went into the gun shop looking for a Springfield 1911. New Glocks are going for less than $500 here if you shop around.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    What is the difference between the G30 and the G30sf. I just got the new Midway catalog #33 and they have the same sight for 139.99. I already have a G36 and went into the gun shop looking for a Springfield 1911. New Glocks are going for less than $500 here if you shop around.
    The SF model has a slightly slimmer grip. SF means "short frame" and has about .1 " shorter trigger reach. There's not a lot of difference between the two.
    I also thought the $330 for the sight was a bit over-quoted.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links