Sig Sauer P250

Sig Sauer P250

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello from Texas everyone. I wanted to share my thoughts about my new toy, a Sig P250 40SW Compact. I have looked at a lot ...

Thread: Sig Sauer P250

Sig Sauer P250

Hello from Texas everyone. I wanted to share my thoughts about my new toy, a Sig P250 40SW Compact. I have looked at a lot of the reviews and have to say that from what I have read and experienced are way different. My main EDC is a P220 Carry and I love it. I was looking for one in 40SW to minimize cost in ammo and was dead set on a P229 they are high for a range gun. I went to the local gun show the other day and picked up a bunch of the Polymer framed pistols. I tried SW M&P, Glock, XD and many others. I tried the 3rd and 4th Gen. Glocks hoping that they will make one that would feel good in my hand, no luck. I have never been able to find a Glock that I like (Never feel good in hand). I really do love my Sigs, so I decided to take a look at the P250. not the prettiest of guns but functional. Well I picked it up and the next day took it to the range. All I can say is WOW. It fed well and most of all it is dead on. It has very little recoil and feels great to shoot. Now on the issue of DAO, DA/SA and SA. I have fired many many guns and action has never been an issue for me. I shot next to an Officer who was shooting a striker fire pistol and we got to talking, I wanted to see if I could shoot this DAO pistol as fast as he could. I tried DA/SA P220 first and of course beat him on 5 rounds. Then I tried the P250 again 5 rounds and beat him with it as well. Best part is that I had tighter groups doing it. I have to say that it is a great little pistol and the DAO trigger at 5.5-6.5lbs is not bad at all. I also shot it out to 25 yards along with my 220 and I have to say that the groupings were identical. Well I guess this is my long way of saying so far it is a good pistol. Not a classic Sig but great pistol for a starter (which I am hoping that my wife will carry) best part is that you can change the grips very easy for husband and wife shooters or different hand sizes. According to a press release this is also the new pistol for the Federal Air Marshals. It would be great for LE that issue same pistols to various shooters with hand sizes. Three grips sizes to choose from I am sure that one of them will fit. So far from the grueling test required by the Feds for pistols it has performed well, and by the way cleaning it is a breeze.

I got one and I like it ! ....DAO is not for everyone....lol
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
    Military & Police Firearms Instructor
    Professional Student of Learning......

When I was picking up my P220 SAO "Carry" model, I got to play with a P250. To be DAO, that thing has one sweet smooth trigger pull. It's ugly for sure, but function over fashion :)

I love mine.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Is it just frame size you can change with this gun or can you also change calibers within the same frame?

VIP Member
    Thanks for the review! Ugly gun it maybe, but the beauty of function trumps all in my opinion!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey GoUSFbulls: I would not concern myself too much with at least the 45 caliber changeover. I have had a 9mm 250 for about 2 years now and immediately after purchase put in for a 45 changeover. I have called sig, I have spoken in person to a sig rep at a gun shop, I have done everything conceivable to find out what is going on. Sig has the worst customer service I have ever come across. They sold me a bill of goods on the changeover and it would be nice if they were at least honest that they are probably having problems making the 45 changeover. I dare you to find anyone who has the 45 changeover. All I wanted was a reasonable explanation but I cannot even get an answer via phone call, direct to a rep--there is no one at sig who will face up to this and answer a customer who spent big bucks for this 250. They may make a fine gun but I will never purchase another; there are many other mfgrs out there, who, for the money, make just as good firearms and at least will return your call or even answer the damn phone. If you like them and if you have an opportunity to actually get someone on the phone ask them about the 45 changeover. I'd appreciate a response from anyone reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GoUSFbulls View Post
    Is it just frame size you can change with this gun or can you also change calibers within the same frame?
    9mm/ .40 / .357 sig all use the same frame size. .45 uses a different frame
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Kelcarry - I suspect something is "up" with this design. I have been trying to find some info on going between 45 and 9mm, but Sig has no info on their site except that you "will" be able to switch between 9/40/45/357. Your comments are the first I've heard regarding their customer service, but I find them interesting. Thank you.

Anybody have any more info on switching between 9mm/.45? or on Sig?

Links