glock 36

glock 36

This is a discussion on glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have always like the .45. I have not found the one I want to carry yet. At least one that I could afford. How ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: glock 36

glock 36

i have always like the .45. I have not found the one I want to carry yet.
    At least one that I could afford. How does the 36 compare?
    Are they reliable? I have heard that they have some issues.

probably Glocks most problematic gun..BUT thats not to say they are all problematic just some and I think Glock will at least fix and or stand by them if they are troublesome. I almost got one but the guy would not budge on the price($525 used) so I let it go. But I like its size and it IS thinner and the grips a bit thinner also from the typical portly Glock profile.

The G36 is my every day carry weapon. I've put 1000+ rounds through it since I bought it last month and I've not had one problem. I like it because it is small, light weight, carries well and I forget that it's on my hip. Some people don't like it because you can only carry it 6 +1 max. If this is an issue for you then you should consider the G30 if you're interested in staying with Glock.

I was able to pick it mine up with green Tijicon night sights, Fobus holster, 3 magazines, 2 magazine over the waist holder, and a box of Federal JHP's all included for $525. I thought it was a good deal for a G36 with only 150 rounds through it. I was able to put 50 of the 150 rounds through it prior to me purchasing it and I didn't turn back. I love shooting and carrying this weapon.

Good luck on your search.

The issues you have likely heard about came earlier on with the model. I think all of those issues have been solved at this time. Heck....the G36 debuted in 1987. I think all of the kinks have been worked out by now. It's a Glock now, and it may very well be one of my next. I still really want a Glock in 45acp, and I've already been through a couple of other models that didn't turn out as I expected for CC. I've held a couple G36s at gun shows, and quite honestly, I probably had other things on my mind at the time. A short single stack would never be out of the question for me, and one of these days, I might very well find what I've been missing. IMO....buy new if you can. I know I would. Check into joining the GSSF..........become a member, and request your pistol voucher for one at LE pricing. This may end up saving you $100+ on a pistol for a yearly membership fee of $35.
    Glock's New G36: A Fistful of Firepower - Page One

GM
    Welcome to the forum from South Fl
    There are several threads about this topic; I asked the same question for not so long time ago. Do a search and you will find a lot of answers to this question.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

The Glock Model 36 is a superb and reliable weapon far in excess of any of the 1911 platforms including one of my custom 2k plus Pimp outs.

They conceal and carry well with no sharp edges to gouge you and hammers to get cocked or tear jacket linings. I am a custom 1911 maker and if I want to carry a big bore blaster I carry a G 36 and would never trust my life to a single action 100 year old antique design. The 1911 maybe a good range toy but it is a terrible CCW in my opinion. The United States Military also shares my opinion and the M 9 is living proof!

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    probably Glocks most problematic gun..BUT thats not to say they are all problematic just some and I think Glock will at least fix and or stand by them if they are troublesome. I almost got one but the guy would not budge on the price($525 used) so I let it go. But I like its size and it IS thinner and the grips a bit thinner also from the typical portly Glock profile.
    The .40 calibers seem to be Glocks most problematic models. Feed and ejection issues. They also use the same recoil springs as their 9 mm counter parts and that may lend to the problems.

The Glock-36 is a 'perfect' conceal carry firearm...I have one for my EDC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I have a G36. I've never had an issue with it. I used to carry it all the time. I've since put it in the safe since I got my 1911... but when I need to deep conceal, I'll pop the 36 back on. It's a good gun.

I like the 36 but would take a 1911 over it(in a reliable make). And the M9 is as much about Political correctness as it was anything not the poorness of the .45 or the 1911..it basically came to be because we wanted to "standardize" to NATO specs so we could be more like our "allies" and you damn well know the Europeans were not gonna switch to .45 ACP to commonize the ammo. Im betting IF the weapon choice would have been the SOLDIERS WHO CARRY them choice it would have been a .45 of some kind probably a reinvention of the 1911 if not something close.

Hogue grips?

I am almost set on getting a G36, but I have one issue. I have not been able to find an after market Hogue slip-on grip for it. They seem to just pass by on the 36. I know some people say to cut a piece of inner tube and slip it on, but I want something with a bit more palm swell. Any ideas?

Mic
    I think when the gun first came out it had some issues, like many new products, but the G36 is just as dependable as any Glock
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Scotchsean: have you thought about a Hogue Gripall? Just cut it to fit your needs.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

Quote Originally Posted by scotchsean View Post
    I am almost set on getting a G36, but I have one issue. I have not been able to find an after market Hogue slip-on grip for it. They seem to just pass by on the 36. I know some people say to cut a piece of inner tube and slip it on, but I want something with a bit more palm swell. Any ideas?
    Yup, the Glock-30...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My wife bought me a 36 back in the early 90's and it has been a very good pistol. The only issue I have had with it is hollow points with big holes in the front end. Mine doesn't like the Speer Gold Dots as they tend to hang on the bottom of the feed ramp. Other brands have no problem. Would I trust it more than one of my quality 1911's - NO. Have I carried it more - YES, because of the weight. I have recently put it in the safe for a while since I purchased a Kahr CW9 and it is lighter and thinner than the 36. Is the 36 still a good gun - YES. BTW - the 36 is the only Glock I own or would own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links