Cracked Kahr MK9 Slide

This is a discussion on Cracked Kahr MK9 Slide within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would bet you'll get a new slide from Kahr, whether in warrantee or out. I've had one other gun, not a Kahr, develop a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cracked Kahr MK9 Slide

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I would bet you'll get a new slide from Kahr, whether in warrantee or out. I've had one other gun, not a Kahr, develop a crack in the slide. It can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9mm View Post
    Tell me did you ever totally strip down the slide on a Kahr or ever seen any instructions to even do it?
    Yes, I have totally stripped down a Kahr and I've also shown you where the detailed, clear precise directions are to do it. You lose credibility when you repeat things that lack credibility.

For anyone else that may want the the information, here it is, taken from a sticky at http://kahrtalk.com/forum.php that references a well known sticky at Glock Talk Forum.

http://kahrtalk.com/kahr-tech/197-ho...hrs-upper.html

Now we can't say we don't have the instructions to detail strip a Kahr upper... or will we go on saying it anyway?
    Last edited by ripley16; February 14th, 2010 at 09:09 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    I would bet you'll get a new slide from Kahr, whether in warrantee or out. I've had one other gun, not a Kahr, develop a crack in the slide. It can happen

Yes, I have totally stripped down a Kahr and I've also shown you where the detailed, clear precise directions are to do it. You lose credibility when you repeat things that lack credibility.

For anyone else that may want the the information, here it is, taken from a sticky at KahrTalk Forums - Powered by vBulletin that references a well known sticky at Glock Talk Forum.

How To "Detail Strip" the Kahr's Upper! - KahrTalk Forums

Now we can't say we don't have the instructions to detail strip a Kahr upper... or will we go on saying it anyway?
    I'd be shocked too if Kahr didn't make it right. Do you know when your MK9 was made?

As I may have stated before, mine was an early model made in 1997 and is still going strong.

I must give credit when credit is due. I got my MK9 back exactly when Kahr said I would get it. They put on a new slide assembly (complete with barrel) and it looks great! The fit and finish are better than the original. If it shoots as well as it looks, I will be a happy camper. From my perspective, Kahr's customer service came through great! My only issue, is that they would not pay shipping to send the gun to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jvberryjr View Post
    I must give credit when credit is due. I got my MK9 back exactly when Kahr said I would get it. They put on a new slide assembly (complete with barrel) and it looks great! The fit and finish are better than the original. If it shoots as well as it looks, I will be a happy camper. From my perspective, Kahr's customer service came through great! My only issue, is that they would not pay shipping to send the gun to them.
    I understand it's their policy but if you press on them a little they will give in.

On the bright side you practically have a brand new gun. I'd venture to say you will need to put it through another 200rnd break-in session.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    glad you got your kahr fixed, hope it runs like new
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet;
    Humm. Looks like stress from a too tight barrel to slide fitting.
    !00% AGREE, Hit nail on the head
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

In 2008 an individual had a cracked slide as shown in this thread. He posted on TFF under something like "Slide Crack in Kahr MK9". Kahr fixed his gun for free and threw in a set of night sights for his trouble, even though he bought the gun used.

In 2009 I had the exact same problem as pictured and described here and at TFF. {Cearly a manufacturing defect; most likely from improper heat treatment; no time or space for details here.}

Kahr made various inane excuses; but bottom line refused to furnish a replacement slide or repair their defective product (and possibly dangerous product by their own admission) unless they were paid to do so to the extent of over $130.00.

This thread is several years old. Has anyone had similar problems with Kahr? If so, what hve been your recent experiences.

P.S.- At one time (prior to 2009) Kahr had excellent customer service. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9mm View Post
    I was wondering why you won't ever own another. I won't let them even in my shop anymore. The hole is still in the wall as a reminder!

Tell me did you ever totally strip down the slide on a Kahr or ever seen any instructions to even do it?
    I've followed the online instructions before, and cleaned out my slide internals once. Not hard to do, and I am far from a gunsmith

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links