Cracked Kahr MK9 Slide

This is a discussion on Cracked Kahr MK9 Slide within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just sent my MK9 back to Kahr to fix a cracked slide. Has between 500 and 1,000 rounds through it. Anyone else have this problem? ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cracked Kahr MK9 Slide

Cracked Kahr MK9 Slide

Just sent my MK9 back to Kahr to fix a cracked slide. Has between 500 and 1,000 rounds through it. Anyone else have this problem? Pics attached.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

GM
    I am sorry about your MK9. I have a MK9 2003 Elite. It has over 2000 rounds on it and it has not problems.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the hidden Kahr problems. I won't let them even come into my shop any more since they went Moonie MIM Mad in Worchester MA. Have any Kahr owners taken down the slides to see the other Kahr hidden failings?

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by jvberryjr View Post
    Just sent my MK9 back to Kahr to fix a cracked slide. Has between 500 and 1,000 rounds through it. Anyone else have this problem? Pics attached.
    Did you drop the MK9 on a cement floor or something like that? The barrel does not look very nice.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Did you drop the MK9 on a cement floor or something like that? The barrel does not look very nice.
    The gun was "babied" from the day I got it. Always cleaned after shooting - took very good care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9mm View Post
    Sorry to hear you are experiencing the hidden Kahr problems. I won't let them even come into my shop any more since they went Moonie MIM Mad in Worchester MA. Have any Kahr owners taken down the slides to see the other Kahr hidden failings?
    What do you mean by, "Moonie MIM Mad"?

Interesting that you say that. I am interested in a Kahr MK9 and I went to a large well known LGS the other day and asked if they had any Kahrs and they said that they used to carry them, but stopped about 1 1/2 years ago after they started getting too many complaints and problems and Kahr not fixing them. I still want to get a MK9 though.

I've owned 3 different Kahr pistols - suffice to say I won't ever own another.

I'll bite - what are you hinting at?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I've owned 3 different Kahr pistols - suffice to say I won't ever own another.

I'll bite - what are you hinting at?
    I was wondering why you won't ever own another. I won't let them even in my shop anymore. The hole is still in the wall as a reminder!

Tell me did you ever totally strip down the slide on a Kahr or ever seen any instructions to even do it?

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    sorry... anytime any gun break it is crappy
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I was wondering why you won't ever own another. I won't let them even in my shop anymore. The hole is still in the wall as a reminder!

Tell me did you ever totally strip down the slide on a Kahr or ever seen any instructions to even do it?

there are some very simple instructions available for those that are capable of a search... and the entire breakdown takes about five minutes. So easy that even I can do it... and I'm not an expert.

surv

I've been accused by some here of "bashing" Kahr. Since you asked, the short version is - I had an early P9 that jammed all the time due to excessive frame flex. Then, I had an early PM9 with many different issues - barrel and slide peening, loose slide back, jammed if you tried a tap-rack drill with JHPs, failure to go fully into battery, etc. They finally gave me a new PM9, which had the same jamming issues when a tap-rack was attempted, so I sold it.

I am now quite happy running Glocks and a pair of LCPs (one for me and one for my wife) for deeper concealment/covert carry situations.

The instructions for stripping down the Kahr slide have been posted on this forum - if you search you will find them.

Sounds like you had a AD? Care to elaborate? What about the Kahr slide?

Please keep your posts constructive - I tried my best to make folks aware of issues I experienced, and more importantly - what to do about them if they happened to experience similar issues - yet I was still accused by the Kahr fanboys of "bashing." Some folks take any criticism of their chosen equipment too personally...
    Last edited by 10thmtn; February 12th, 2010 at 11:48 AM.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Sorry to hear about your Kahr. I have an MK9 that was made in 1997 and still going strong. Shoots like a dream.

Have you contacted Kahr about the problem?

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kahr View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Kahr. I have an MK9 that was made in 1997 and still going strong. Shoots like a dream.

Have you contacted Kahr about the problem?
    I think he did

Quote Originally Posted by jvberryjr View Post
    With anything man made there will be defects. It just sucks when you are one who gets a defective item. Especially when you shelled out many C notes to get it

Hope they get it fixed for ya and the QC on the new slide is better then the old.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links