Defensive Carry banner

CZ P-01 vs. CZ Rami size difference?

23K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  LEORLCO 
#1 ·
I looked at a cz rami today and really liked it but am also interested in the CZ P-01 as well,how do these two gun compare to each other in the size department? Does anyone here have both and would it be possible to post pics so I can get an idea of the actual difference in size versus looking at numbers on CZ's website? Thanks for any help guys.

#2 ·
Luckily, that topic has come up in the past few weeks on various forums.

PCR and 75:

RAMI and P-01:

People are looking to buy a smaller CZ for carry, and it's not even RAMI
Season yet!

some might find that the PCR/P-01 is easier to shoot, but heavier to carry.

I like them all, and will ( hopefully) be adding a P-07 Duty in .40 S&W to the mix.

More information;

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/czid/RAMI.html

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/czid/CZ-PCR.html

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/hakan/czp01.html

KEV

#4 ·
I have both guns. Unfortunately no side by side pictures. The P-01 frame is about an inch longer than the RAMI, and the grip is also about an inch longer. The shorter grip requires a 2 finger hold with pinky finger under the magazine. Due to overall ergonomics of the gun, I don't have a problem holding it stable when shooting, but some people do. You'd probably want to hoild the gun to see how the RAMI would fit you.

I seem to remember something from the CZ forum about modification to the Pearce magazine extention to give the RAMI more area to grip. Migfht ask Clarkston CZ if he knows anything about that.

#6 ·
I have a Rami 2075 in 9mm. It's a very nice shooter. The best way to describe the Rami is chunky. I don't have, nor have I tried a P-01, but I do have a full size 75B. If I was deciding between the Rami and the P-01 it would be no contest. I would choose the P-01.

It's not that the Rami has any problems. It's just that the P-01 is a do everything gun. A big part of it is the full size grip. My next CZ will be a P-01 or a 75B in a compact size.

#7 ·
Owning both I have to agree with WVSHOOTER's assessment. The RAMI is a great gun - accurate, functions perfectly - but, to me, its built like a brick. The overall ergonomics and versatility make the P-01 a much better choice for various functions (carry, target shooting, home defense, etc). There's no question that if I had to choose between the two the P-01 would stay.

I purchased the RAMI for concealed carry but have not been able to find a way to do so comfortably. Probably just me on this but to me it's like carrying a small brick on my hip with sharp angles all over it. I don't get the same feeling when carrying the P-01. Just my experience.

#8 ·
I really like CZ Rami P 9mm. Coming from a full size Glock 17 and switching to the compact Rami was like breath of fresh air for concealment. I opted for the Rami P 9mm for price, and I like the thin polymer grip. This pistol very easy to conceal, even OWB. The Trigger is great and I'm a big fan of DA/SA pistols. Mine came with 2 mags, one 10rd and one 14 rd. I am more accurate with the 3" barreled Rami than I was with the full size Glock 17.

The Rami is very close in size to a Glock 26 if that helps. Some of my Glock 26 holsters work with the rami.

Good luck.

#9 ·
These two firearms are 1/3" apart in height. I carry IWB at 1600. Longer barrel on p01 grip anout the same as far as concealability. No contest. 15+1 9mm rds for p01 v 10 + 1 for Rami. Cant imagine what could possibly top my propackage Cajunized p01. kinda takes the fun out of looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.