I cheated on my carry gun and think I might leave her for another!

This is a discussion on I cheated on my carry gun and think I might leave her for another! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm in Jacksonville, FL for 2 days of training. I was on sigforum and asked if there was anything to do in this town because ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cheated on my carry gun and think I might leave her for another!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar

I'm in Jacksonville, FL for 2 days of training. I was on sigforum and asked if there was anything to do in this town because sitting in my hotel room is boring, and I don't drink anymore, so bars are out. One of the guys treated me to a day at the range with his guns, and his ammo. He had a bunch of Sigs, and I have always wanted to try the 239, 228, and 220. The 239 was too small for my hands. I didn't like the squared off front strap, and I shoot my 229 much more accurately. The 220 shot a lot like a 1911...I liked it, but wasn't that drawn to it. Then the 228...wow.

I picked it up and immediately noted it was a lot lighter than my 229, probably because of the folded slide. I also like the full serrations. He had a 20lb recoil spring instead of the stock 16lb spring. This gun ran SMOOTH. I've never felt a gun so smooth. And I was able to shoot it very accurately. I think because it was 9mm instead of .40 probably, but was already used to the ergonomics. I think it's prettier too because of the slide design, but that doesn't really factor into carry choice for me...

But with modern ammunition, the 9mm can be just as much a stopper as a .40 I think, it holds one more round, it's lighter, and I can shoot it faster and more accurately. If I bought one and used it for carry, I wouldn't even have to buy new holsters.

I feel so dirty, but so in love!
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    You should have listened to me a long time ago! The 228 is a fantastic gun. Find an older one, like late 80's early 90's. They are awesome.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Can't go wrong with a Sig.
    NRA Endowment Member
    USCCA Member
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Patriot Guard Rider

VIP Member
    I liked my issue P228 so much, I bought one for myself... Now I just have to make sure that the armory doesn't try to take my issue one away and give me a P229 like they're giving new agents!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. Does your insurance cover counseling? Good luck with it all.

I just hope the 229 doesn't try to take half of everything in the divorce. I knew I shoulda had a prenup!

You should have listened to me a long time ago! The 228 is a fantastic gun. Find an older one, like late 80's early 90's. They are awesome.
    Had I been here before I bought my 229, I may have. The 229 was the first sig I ever shot, and I fell in love with it. If only it had been a 228 I first shot :D And if only I didn't used to be one of the 9mm sucks, the only real calibers start with a 4, and the metric system is for Europeans, etc believers.
    -Ryan

Be careful! You might end of like me. I've got three of 'em already. A P220 Carry SAO, a P220 Compact SAS and a P229. I'm thinking about a P220 Full size and a P228 or P226 in 9mm too. Breed like rats they do!

Oh...and I'm think a Sig 516 might kick my Armalite out of the AR-15 slot in my safe!
    Last edited by Exodus; February 11th, 2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Remembered another one!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Three Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRabbi View Post
    Three Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    once you go Glock, you'll never go back
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

VIP Member
    I went from Glock, to Sig, to Glock (when that's what the rest of my team was issued), back to Sig (when I was left to my own devices again). The Glock is an outstanding platform, but it's not the only platform.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I've shot glock...I'll agree they are reliable. And probably a great bang for your buck, I also think you get just as much bang for your buck with Sig, and being as they are more bucks, you get more bang :p I'm a sig snob with a bad case of the signess, and you'll never see me shoot tupperware :D
    -Ryan

Administrator
    The only Glock I really like is the 19. They all are good guns, but the 19 is something special. However, compare the 19 side by side with a 228, all of a sudden you realize you have been dancing with the plain girl when the hot chick has been there all along.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The 228 is a fantastic gun. Find an older one, like late 80's early 90's. They are awesome.
    I'll second that. I used to love mine. Sold it before getting stationed in Italy and have regretted it ever since.

....now you've got me re-thinking my next purchase.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Be careful! You might end of like me. I've got three of 'em already. A P220 Carry SAO, a P220 Compact SAS and a P229. I'm thinking about a P220 Full size and a P228 or P226 in 9mm too. Breed like rats they do!

Oh...and I'm think a Sig 516 might kick my Armalite out of the AR-15 slot in my safe!

Is polygamy legal where you are?
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I've just done the very same thing. Since Layla arrived last week, Lucille has been locked up in the safe. By now I'm sure she's feeling neglected.
    Hmm, since they are so very similar (S&W Model 65 and S&W 686+) they can both ride in the same holster, maybe I should let them take turns.
    I really think I need three more. A Monday gun, a Tuesday gun, A Wednesday gun...
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links