Dilemma! I need opinions.

This is a discussion on Dilemma! I need opinions. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I found a black Kimber Ultra II w/ ambi safety on VAGunTrader that I wanted. So I made the decision to sell my Kimber ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dilemma! I need opinions.

Dilemma! I need opinions.

Ok, I found a black Kimber Ultra II w/ ambi safety on VAGunTrader that I wanted. So I made the decision to sell my Kimber Ultra II Stainless without my Crimson Trace grips (mine isn’t ambi and I’m a lefty). Told the guy who was selling his that I needed to move mine before I could buy his. Found a buyer for mine, close to the guy who was selling his.

Made all the arrangements, meeting the buyer Sunday morning, tried to arrange the meet with the seller afterward. He replied back once saying that the meet had to be early Sunday. I sent him a time and waited for a reply, sent a reminder that we needed to set a time and meeting place…..

So he replies back and states that he decided to keep his Kimber.

Here’s the dilemma, do I still sell my Kimber since I committed to this other guy or do I call him and back out?

Before you answer, part of the reason I was meeting Sunday morning is that I am traveling from Virginia Beach to Chantilly for the Nations Gun Show, 1000 table of goodies.

Can I find a replacement on one of the 1000 tables? I’ll have cash in hand… What if I find something? What if I buy two to replace the one? I have been thinking about an M&P 9c and a Judge…..

What do you guys think?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    He made an offer, you accepted, you ought to honor it, however, if you would rather not, just ask him. If he agree's to let it go you're totally Righteous. If you simply don't go through with it nothing will happen, you don't know him, etc. but it's not right to ever say you're going to do something and not do it.

Now if you told the guy that selling your's was contingent upon you "getting" the other one, then you have an escape clause.

A lot of times we can get away without doing right and it doesn't seem like it matters but I think in the end if we do right when it doesn't seem like it matters, it really does end up mattering.

It's about character and principle and not about guns at all.

Enjoy the gun show and drive safe!

God Bless
    Gideon

RMS
    +1 To what Gideon said.

+1 for me too.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Sell it like you said you would, besides youll like the M&P better anyways, not so sure about the Judge unless you need a snake gun.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS View Post
    +1 To what Gideon said.
    ^^Ditto^^
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I also agree with Gideon. However, I'd say go ahead and sell it. It sounds to me like you want a different gun and if a prerequisite to buying another gun is selling the one you have, I'd go ahead with the sale and then find the gun I want.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

like everybody else agree with gideon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    I also agree with Gideon. However, I'd say go ahead and sell it. It sounds to me like you want a different gun and if a prerequisite to buying another gun is selling the one you have, I'd go ahead with the sale and then find the gun I want.

Hoss
    +1

You were going to finance the new purchase with this sale anyway. Take the buyer you have over the buyer you would have to find later.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Do what you said you would do...

I agree with Gideon. One of my main ways of evaluating other people is whether they do what they say they are going to do. I won't associate with people who make a commitment and then renege on it. So I try to conduct myself the same way.

With what you get for the Kimber Ultra you could buy a new Glock 36, Sig P245 or Kahr P45 at the gun show.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Good, you've re-enforced my desire anyway. I'm sure I will find a replacement on Sunday, now what to buy....?

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    character is doing the right thing, even when no one else is watching

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    character is doing the right thing, even when no one else is watching
    What he said....
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

The very same happened to me. My bro in law's bro did it to me. I had already accepted offer from a workmate to buy my gun, and he said it was o.k. if I renegged. I sold him the gun anyway. I wanted to live by a higher standard.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

I'd go ahead with the sale also...cash in hand go find the kimber that you truly want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links