Anyone have experience with the Stoeger Cougar

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with the Stoeger Cougar within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No hearsay please. Only those that have actually owned or shot one....

Thread: Anyone have experience with the Stoeger Cougar

Anyone have experience with the Stoeger Cougar

No hearsay please. Only those that have actually owned or shot one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

There has been discussion about them in past threads. If you go back you can find them. I almost bought one but $$ at that time did not allow. Seems most that have them like them. Just a bit bulky for CC is what I recall...

jbs
    I love mine an dit's what I carry. Even though it's got a 3 1/2 " barrel, consider it full size due to the grip. I seem to have little problems concealing it.
    It shoots great, eats everything, and is simple to breakdown and clean. Built on the same machines beretta used. Manual safety/decocker. DA first round, SA after, or you can cock the hammer for SA first round but I would not carry that way. DA trigger pull is a little long but not as long as Ruger, but it is smooth.
    For around $400 you get a berretta, built by Stoeger (cheaper labor). The new 2 tone models look nice. Mine is an 8040.
    If I need to oil a gun, I go to the beach.
    8040 Couger, P95
    1929 MN 91/30, 1927/28 MN Ex Dragoon, MN M44's, Lots of MN's
    Swiss LG1911 1915 and 1916
    Brazilian VZ-24 JC (2), Brazilian Model 1908
    Spanish M1916

I am looking for one in 9mm. They are as good as the Italian made Cougars but much cheaper. Actually they were around $325 when they first came out, they have gone up a bit from then. You can't go wrong with this gun. I have shot a couple boxes through a friends gun and double taps with Speer Gold Dots were very quick and accurate.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I

have the 8000 model and love it, have put well over 700 rounds through it with a lot of blazers and remmington ammo and speer sd rounds, comfortable to shoot and very reliable. I have 3 different holsters for carry options, pistol wear pouch, sob holster by ace and a vertical shoulder holster.
    very simple and easy to clean. By far the best purchase i have made yet.

aji
    have both 9mm & .40 s&w. both are excellent. just found out that they are making a .45acp model. have already ordered one from sporting goods store.

Ditto to what everyone has said. I have in it .40. About 700 rounds through it (WWB, Blazer Brass and Aluminum, Federal, Remington) No FTF or FTE. I carry it every day in a Supertuck. My son is an LEO and has Glocks and he liked the way it felt and shot also.

I have had a Beretta Cougar 8000 now for about 15-16 yrs. It has not only held up in terms of quality, it still looks brand new. It has always shot any ammo I put in it reliably without fail. It has always been an accurate , good shooting gun. My finger length is bad on the DAO - 1st shot, but past that I"m fine. Everything on this gun would compare to any new gun out there, that's how well it has lasted, which says quite a bit about the quality they are made and if you treat them right.

I have developed a habit that if anything lights up my caution lights, the decocker gets flipped off.... ready to fire if pulled. Sometimes, I just decock the hammer and then carry it that way with the decock / safety off. It's never been an issue.

Highly recommend the gun for quality, reliability, as well as said before... easy to clean and maintain.

I also have the PX4-sub compact, and it's very similar to the Cougar in several respects, just a bit smaller and a bit easier to conceal. Same level of quality, etc. and I would highly recommend it.

Links