Colt Mustang Pocketlite

Colt Mustang Pocketlite

This is a discussion on Colt Mustang Pocketlite within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently found my self owning a vintage colt mustang pocket lite. I wont say how i got it but lets just say it was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Colt Mustang Pocketlite

I recently found my self owning a vintage colt mustang pocket lite. I wont say how i got it but lets just say it was the DEAL of the century... I havnt shot it yet but it seems to be in very good shape a lil surface rust. Seems it was never oiled or not much before being put away. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the mustang. Ive really never even seen one untill now.

JD
    Administrator
    They are nice little guns, I have two of the steel framed versions and I like them alot.

I have a Sig 238 which is alot like a Mustang...uses the same mags...I love this lil pistol....you will grow attached to it...

Mustang

I have owned my Stainless mustang since 1992 when I first go it. Have shot many boxes of ammo thru it and it eats anything.
    Only problem I had was some Czech surplus ammo. However, the US factory ammo works well.
    words of advice: CLEAN IT regularly. I carry mine IWB and pocket. The pocket lint gets into it. I clean mine about every three months.
    BTW, for CC, I carry mine with hydrashoks. Very potent load, and not much recoil.

Mustang

I own a nice Mustang Pluss II stainless. I have carried it for years, both as ankle holster and inside the pants. It is a nice size and reliable.

VIP Member
    I don't own the pocket lite you are speaking of but do have a later model Mustang plus II.

Nothing at all negative to say about the gun except that being 380, I can't find ammo to practice with regularly.

Suggest keeping it in as excellent shape as you can because the value will only keep going up. But, you knew that already.

jon
    I was just about to make a thread about this pistol.
    Local shop has one for $550, I would say in 95% shape, blued.
    Good? Bad? Reliability?

I've got one and love it! It's my daily BUG..............would love to have another one.
    CHL Class - Sept 5, 2009
    Submitted - Sept 11, 2009
    Provided US Passport - Oct 5, 2009
    Issued CHL - Nov 20, 2009
    Received CHL - Nov 27, 2009

I've got a steel framed Mustang. Great little gun, its just too bad the .380 is so anemic, as it would make a great pocket carry gun if of adequate caliber. That being said, its fun to shoot when you can find ammo for it.

Jon, I would jump on that one for $550, try to get him down to an even 5, though.

YMMV

Lon

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    I was just about to make a thread about this pistol.
    Local shop has one for $550, I would say in 95% shape, blued.
    Good? Bad? Reliability?
    Do it.

I've got nothing bad to say about any of my Colt .380s.

I have the Colt Gov 380. I believe it is just an early, larger model. Love it. I sent it back to Colt yesterday for some minor work. Safety was getting a little loose. Rear sight getting loose again. Last time I tightened it up myself.
    There is an issue that causes you to have to remove the grip every once in a while. Sometimes when you remove the slide the ejector will flip up and you have to remove the grip to releave tension on the spring. Not a big deal.
    A couple of years ago I was having problems finding spare mags at a decent price. Now you can get one anywhere for the mid $20s.
    You can download the manual from Colt's web site for free.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I have the Colt Gov 380. I believe it is just an early, larger model. Love it. I sent it back to Colt yesterday for some minor work. Safety was getting a little loose. Rear sight getting loose again. Last time I tightened it up myself.
    There is an issue that causes you to have to remove the grip every once in a while. Sometimes when you remove the slide the ejector will flip up and you have to remove the grip to releave tension on the spring. Not a big deal.
    A couple of years ago I was having problems finding spare mags at a decent price. Now you can get one anywhere for the mid $20s.
    You can download the manual from Colt's web site for free.
    Great little guns - wish they still made 'em. I'm waiting for the Sig 238 to be as good (the jury is still out, in my mind).

If you carry it in a pocket, PLEASE use a pocket holster! DeSantis Nemesis works great and has an entry-level price tag.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The first time i took the slide off the ejector did that. I took it to my gunsmith and we figured it out together but i was worried i was gonna have to buy all kinds of replacement parts. But he told me that, that happens once in a while and showed me how to fix it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Great little guns - wish they still made 'em. I'm waiting for the Sig 238 to be as good (the jury is still out, in my mind).

If you carry it in a pocket, PLEASE use a pocket holster! DeSantis Nemesis works great and has an entry-level price tag.
    I don't ever pocket carry it, or any other gun. Just does't agree with me. I carry it IWB or OWB. I am not sure I wish they still made it. The value of ours would go down. I would love to see them scale it up just enough to shoot 9X18.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

We need pics!!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links