PLR-16

This is a discussion on PLR-16 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's the intended purpose for these types of guns?? They are extremely large half pistol half SBR like. It looks intrquiging but I Just cant ...

Thread: PLR-16

PLR-16

What's the intended purpose for these types of guns?? They are extremely large half pistol half SBR like. It looks intrquiging but I Just cant seem to wrap my head around their purpose?? THey are too big as a pistol and they are too small to be a rifle. I am not sure how accurate they are and they seem like they would be hard to be accurate with as they have no stock. ????

2. Remove Ads

It's only my opinion but

I think it is middle finger to BATF.

No purpose, just fun and noise making! However, for those that might want an AR for home defense, I think this is ideal. Much more maneuverable in tight spots/room clearing, yet with proper technique and the sling, can be almost as steady and accurate as an AR (almost)

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Just get a Bushmaster carbine.this would be one of those answers what would
    you want if you could only have only one pistol and one rifle this would make an interesting choice over a thompson and a 1911 that most of us picked.

Mine rides in my duty bag in the front passenger seat when I'm working. It has an Eotech and is loaded with a 20rd mag, with 3 spare 30rd mags in the bag with it. Does it replace my AR-15? No, but if I need more range, accuracy, and power than my sidearm and I need it in hurry, I can grab my PLR and put it into action much faster than getting my AR-15 out of the back.

It is an accurate, reliable weapon, with as many uses an SBR or AR style pistol (without the buffer tube).
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Since it IS a handgun, I can have it loaded and ready, on the truck seat next to me as posted above. Can't do that with rifle!

They are great for carrying in a day pack while hiking if you don't want to carry a rifle, but would like to have the power of a rifle. There are pistols in the AK format as well. I carry small leveraction carbins but have thought about getting one of those leveraction pistols to carry in a pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    However, for those that might want an AR for home defense, I think this is ideal. Much more maneuverable in tight spots/room clearing, yet with proper technique and the sling, can be almost as steady and accurate as an AR (almost)
    One major problem with that idea is these these suckers are LOUD and have a huge fireball (at night)

Without ear protection, indoors, these are basically unusable.

They make a great place to start a SBR project. And fun. And to annoy The Man. And to make a big noisy fireball.

All pretty much sound good to me.

Links